Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what to do with my child

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:37 PM
  • 6 Replies

Ok mamas I'm open to suggestions because nothing is working Chole is 9 and EVERYTHING is a struggle. I have to constantly say Chole do your hom,e work Chloe get your room cleaned up then you can play/watch T.V./ ext Chloe clearing the table should not take 20 min. If i tell her to do something she does everything BUT what she is supposed to be doing ! I have tried grounding her taking things away spanking her ext ext ext. I'm at my whitts end last week I got a w mail that she had not been turning in her homework all week she was only showing me part of it that she did not all of it she doesn't write everything in her planner so I don't know what she needs to do. not to mention the attitude problem she has had lately

Imaddge3.jpg picture by JanieBoBanie

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LCWAmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:44 PM

no one????

allsolittle
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:46 PM

I have no advice, my oldest is 4 but good luck! Girls..... ugh.

LCWAmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:53 PM

Quoting allsolittle:

I have no advice, my oldest is 4 but good luck! Girls..... ugh.

thanks It was so easy at that age I miss it LOL

lovemymarine306
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:55 PM

have you sat down and talked to her one-on-one and asked if she's ok?  it sounds like she might be going through something.

Alwaysacarnie
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:06 PM

If it were me, I'd be at the school in the office with the teacher and principal, and we'd be having a chat. I'd let them know that you are at your wits end and are asking no begging for suggestions on how to help your daughter. Id ask them about her seeing the school counsler. Maybe she will tell the counsler what she won't tell you. I'd also tell my child if you won't do your school work then I will come to school with you everyday and hold your hand while there. I will follow you from class to class or what have you holding your hand untill you can act your age!

I have an 8 yr old that was starting the same bull about a month ago, I did all of the above a well lets just say I didn't have to go to school holding her hand. Her behavior changed for the better both at school and at home! Hope this helps, pm me if you need to talk.

LCWAmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:01 PM

Quoting Alwaysacarnie:

If it were me, I'd be at the school in the office with the teacher and principal, and we'd be having a chat. I'd let them know that you are at your wits end and are asking no begging for suggestions on how to help your daughter. Id ask them about her seeing the school counsler. Maybe she will tell the counsler what she won't tell you. I'd also tell my child if you won't do your school work then I will come to school with you everyday and hold your hand while there. I will follow you from class to class or what have you holding your hand untill you can act your age!

I have an 8 yr old that was starting the same bull about a month ago, I did all of the above a well lets just say I didn't have to go to school holding her hand. Her behavior changed for the better both at school and at home! Hope this helps, pm me if you need to talk.

she has been tested by the recorce teacher and we have a meeting on the 16th so I will ask for suggetions for helping her at home too thanks for letting me know I'm not alone!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)