Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Boy With Bloody Nose

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:41 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok i have an issue...my son is 6 months, and when he gets mad (boy already has a temper) and starts throwing a fit, he gets nose bleeds. Just a few minutes ago, he was playin in the floor, and i got up to make his bottle, and he got mad because i was taking too long (had to pee right in the middle of warming the water)...well i came back in the living room becuase he was havin a FIT when he saw me walk away, i picked him up, and he has mucosy blood coming out of his nose.

I take him to his 6 month check up tomorrow (ugh not looking forward to that) and am going to mention it to the doc, who told me before that its just dry weather...we live in NM, but i keep his humidifier running 24/7...

Has anyone else dealt with this?

wedding planning guide

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Bump!

wedding planning guide

CasandraFinlay
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:35 PM

The humidifier might not be strong enough. Get a hygrometer for your house and observe it for a few days. (you can find them at Walmart, Target etc). If the humidity is below what it should be AND you've been running the humidifier 24/7.... you might need to upgrade to a larger unit.

Hope this helps :-)

Click Here

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Thanks :)...i just run it on low most of the time, because i cant hear him breathing over the noise (call me paranoid lol) over the monitor but maybe i should

Quoting CasandraFinlay:

The humidifier might not be strong enough. Get a hygrometer for your house and observe it for a few days. (you can find them at Walmart, Target etc). If the humidity is below what it should be AND you've been running the humidifier 24/7.... you might need to upgrade to a larger unit.

Hope this helps :-)

Click Here

wedding planning guide

CasandraFinlay
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:41 PM

If you get a large enough humidifier(s), you might be able to place them in different rooms; ie: Dining and living room INSTEAD of the bedrooms. :-) That way you can still hear with the monitor AND get the humidity you need in your house.

Also, check doors and windows for drafts... whatever breeze you feel coming in also tells you that might be where the moisture is heading out!

Quoting missamanda86:

Ok i have an issue...my son is 6 months, and when he gets mad (boy already has a temper) and starts throwing a fit, he gets nose bleeds. Just a few minutes ago, he was playin in the floor, and i got up to make his bottle, and he got mad because i was taking too long (had to pee right in the middle of warming the water)...well i came back in the living room becuase he was havin a FIT when he saw me walk away, i picked him up, and he has mucosy blood coming out of his nose.

I take him to his 6 month check up tomorrow (ugh not looking forward to that) and am going to mention it to the doc, who told me before that its just dry weather...we live in NM, but i keep his humidifier running 24/7...

Has anyone else dealt with this?

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:45 PM

Urgh my house leaks like a sieve...Dh had to jack it up and re-level it so thats part of it...but in Ds room is the least ammount of leakage lol

Quoting CasandraFinlay:

If you get a large enough humidifier(s), you might be able to place them in different rooms; ie: Dining and living room INSTEAD of the bedrooms. :-) That way you can still hear with the monitor AND get the humidity you need in your house.

Also, check doors and windows for drafts... whatever breeze you feel coming in also tells you that might be where the moisture is heading out!

wedding planning guide

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)