• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

got a male 4 month old puppy have questions

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:42 PM
  • 3 Replies

ok we adopted a male puppy in dec. This is the first male dog i have been around. MY husband had a male dog growing up but he can't rememember anything. So here is my question. The puppy seems to be peeing only on my bed. Even after i clean up my bed and remake it the puppy pees on my bed. Does anyone have a clue to why? I have punished him like i was taught in training class. but he keeps doing it. We have been in training class for a month. only one week left and the puppy is doing great in all areas but this one. i guess i should mention that he only pees on my bed when my son and husband are home.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Kina2308
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:49 PM

he is probably claiming you.  He might be seeing your husband as under him.  Is he fixed?  if he isn't he should be.

Best of luck

"No change of circumstance can repair a defect of character"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

-xoxo-
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:55 PM

My puppy pees and poops on my both of my daughters stuff. He does it as a dominance thing. He isn't fixed and is showing that he is "above" my kids. He doesn't dare pee on my stuff though lol, he knows who the boss is for sure.  

willysmama
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Yes he is fixed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)