• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I offically Love one of our neighbors!!!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:00 PM
  • 20 Replies

Well There are Several "stray" cat...... Not all of them are Farrel but strays and I found out today that the older woman three houses down takes responsibility for them...... She Sets live traps and catches them and gets them fixed and all their shots..... Then brings them back to her house and lets them go and feeds them and has a house thing for them that is carpet lined for them to sleep in and get out of the bad weather!!!! All I have to say is I freaking LOVE her now!!! BTW we have like 30-40 cats running around here..... I went down there today to let her know that the Pure white cat with the blue collar is ours so she doesn't try to spend her money on him...... He's already fixed and has all his shots!! We try to keep him in but he's sneaky!!!

Im a B/G shipper.... ASK ME WHY??

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CMcLaws
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:15 PM

Hmmmm..Not sure what to think about this. It's nice that she's willing to spend her own money on them to feed them and give shelter....but does she have the right to spay and neuter all of the cats in the neighborhood?

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:19 PM

WOW how does she have the money to care for all those cats?  It is good though she is trying to help keep population down.  Feral (outdoor, wild) cats can cause alot of damage on properties.

indianamom1985
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:20 PM

She makes sure the cat doesn't belong to anyone before she does it....... also if the Humain Seciety pickes up your cat that doesn't have a collar or microchip they make ur get them fixed or you can't have them back....... PLUS a Big ASS fine... our town is over run with strays.....I commend her on it...

Quoting CMcLaws:

Hmmmm..Not sure what to think about this. It's nice that she's willing to spend her own money on them to feed them and give shelter....but does she have the right to spay and neuter all of the cats in the neighborhood?

indianamom1985
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:21 PM

IDK and I didn't ask.... I just went to let her know about our kitty and to thank her!!!! She Spays and Neuters

Quoting frndlyfn:

WOW how does she have the money to care for all those cats?  It is good though she is trying to help keep population down.  Feral (outdoor, wild) cats can cause alot of damage on properties.

Lisa0626
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:22 PM

OH boy, with her taking care of all those cats, you'll never get rid of them. That's way too many cats. Maybe call animal control; it's possible they can be adopted into homes.

Aamy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Quoting CMcLaws:

eye rollingat least she is CARING for these animals. Its better FOR THEM to be spayed and neutered ....... If they are strays then yes she has EVERY RIGHT, to help and protect these animals. Why would you be AGAINST someone like that ??? I think its great that she cares enough for them to spend her own money to help these cats.

Aamy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:23 PM

Quoting Lisa0626:

OH boy, with her taking care of all those cats, you'll never get rid of them. That's way too many cats. Maybe call animal control; it's possible they can be adopted into homes.

There would be A LOT more if she did nothing and let them breed over and over and over .......

46186mommyof4
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:25 PM

wow I wish someone in my neighnorhood could do this the stray cats get on my nerves aroung here and they drive my dog and kitten nuts.. we took our kitten in he was found on the street with his mom and other kittens im getting him fixed soon as he's big enough but I think that is great she gets them all fixed too bad she could find homes for them thou there still not safe running out side like that

Quoting indianamom1985:

Well There are Several "stray" cat...... Not all of them are Farrel but strays and I found out today that the older woman three houses down takes responsibility for them...... She Sets live traps and catches them and gets them fixed and all their shots..... Then brings them back to her house and lets them go and feeds them and has a house thing for them that is carpet lined for them to sleep in and get out of the bad weather!!!! All I have to say is I freaking LOVE her now!!! BTW we have like 30-40 cats running around here..... I went down there today to let her know that the Pure white cat with the blue collar is ours so she doesn't try to spend her money on him...... He's already fixed and has all his shots!! We try to keep him in but he's sneaky!!!

indianamom1985
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Its Not like they are in her house.... They stay outside.... I don't mind and neither does any of my neighbors..... I know some of my other neighbors donate food for them..... and The Humain seciety KNOWS..... Thats where she takes them to get Fixed!!!

Quoting Aamy:

Quoting Lisa0626:

There would be A LOT more if she did nothing and let them breed over and over and over .......

indianamom1985
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Yeah...... I wish there was more like her around........ But as she told me she hasn't had one disappear in years....... and everyone around here knows to watch for them.... we live on a dead end street so we don't get much traffic so it makes it safer...........

Quoting 46186mommyof4:

wow I wish someone in my neighnorhood could do this the stray cats get on my nerves aroung here and they drive my dog and kitten nuts.. we took our kitten in he was found on the street with his mom and other kittens im getting him fixed soon as he's big enough but I think that is great she gets them all fixed too bad she could find homes for them thou there still not safe running out side like that

Quoting indianamom1985:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)