Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 different dates, has this happened to you?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:09 PM
  • 25 Replies

ok, so my dr said that my due date is April 20th. well i wet and got a 3d ultrasound done today in town, not by my dr, they dont do 3d. anyways, he said that my due date was April 1st according to how the baby was growing. has that happened to you? and then my dh was saying that maybe the baby is just big, if im only going on 28 weeks and there saying im like 31 then he must be a huge ass baby! has that happened to you? if so which one was right?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:17 PM

My due dates with my first were the 10th and the 25th, he came on the 21st and was 8lbs 3 ounces.

katiegirl
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:23 PM

I was given two dates, the first date was Feb 14, the second date they gave me was Feb 17. I stuck with the first and had her on her due date. But mine was only 3 days apart, seems like 19 days apart is quite a difference in due dates given.

lovemymarine306
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:26 PM

yup.  my dates were over two weeks apart and i was confused as hell.  in fact, i got 3 different dates.  one from my U/S, one from my midwife, and one from the hospital due-date calculator.  none were right.  i gave birth at "38" weeks and she was itty bitty..too small for newborn clothes.

LoSavi
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:27 PM

I was given a due date of the 20th of april and then at my 1st ultrasound they changed it to the 25th and then at my 2nd ultrasound they changed it to the 26th haha even though they said they were just going to keep it at the 25th cause that one day doesnt really matter.

3girls4mommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:28 PM

I had 2 different dates according to my period and the baby's growth. Had they went by the baby's growth then my due date was Oct. 24th. Instead they went by the date of my last period and my due date was Nov. 1st. They induced me on Nov. 1st and I had her on the 2nd. I was dialated since mid Oct. though. She ended up being 9 pounds :)

gracephillips
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:33 PM

with my second I was told Aug. 31st, then after the ultrasound they told my the 7th of Sept, she was induced the first

MixedCooke
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 4:26 AM

My first due date was December 9th and then changed to the 12th, but she came out in November nearly a full month premature and was already 6 lbs 7 ounces.  Had she stayed to term, she wouldve been close to 9 lbs!

punkmama27
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 4:32 AM

Going from LMP, I was due early April. My first ultrasound, however, amended my due date to April 27th. That due date was consistent throughout my pregnancy. I gave birth April 23rd, so I know that first ultrasound was more correct; and LMP is a crackpot way of guessing due dates anyway since it assumes every woman ovulates every 14 days and has a 28 day cycle (it still amazes me how that myth is still so prevalent in medical circles!). Anyway, ultrasounds are most accurate early in pregnancy, after 16 weeks or so they aren't very accurate on predicting a correct due date.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
EtiesMommy
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 4:33 AM

My due date based on LMP was the 21 of August. My due date by sonogram and blood work was 3 August. I ended up having a C-Section on 26 July because of breech and rising blood pressure. He was 6lbs 15oz at birth.

axy
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 4:37 AM

if there is a 2 week or more difference in due dates, between your lmp and ultrasound, the doctor will usually go by the ultrasound. its more accurate.

but to answer the question no i never had that happen. both my due dates stayed the same throughout the pregnancies. my daughter came 2weeks late, and my some came a week and 1/2 early.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)