Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do...

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:16 PM
  • 100 Replies

So I finally broke down and read the accident report and there were 2 witnesses to the accident. I was going to look them up on Facebook out of curiosity because I have been thinking about contacting them and asking them questions...well I pulled up 1 and realized we had a mutual friend...a lot of people added me after Shane was killed and I realized that this was one of these people.

I am just confused on the whole situation...like did he tell her he saw my husband die and then she searched me and added me? Is it a coincidence? I thought most of these people were from CM so I added them...

So was it rude of me to write her and ask her how she knows me?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mitch576
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:17 PM

honey... i don't know what to tell you.

my heart says " if it will bring you peace"

my mind says

" it may bring you nothing but information you could have lived a more complete life.. not knowing"

do you know what i mean? i'm sure you do. 

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

OWNER OF "THE ORIGINAL 30 AND BEYOND GROUP"   ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTIONS
come check out "the cafe" at cafe mom!!!! 

Join us at The Cafe - - Cafe Group Mod

CoUrtNEyLeE
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:18 PM

I would want to know exactly what happened! but thats just me! and I would ask her!

ss1436
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:18 PM
First, I want to say how sorry I am to hear about your husband. Secondly, no I wouldn't think it is wrong to ask who someone is when you honestly don't know who they are.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/109030

usafwife314

I would...just explain the situation.  You have many friends and supporters from CM and you thought she was one of them. 

You have a right to know her motives...

cmb121906

I don't think so. If someone was on my FB and didn't know them, I'll ask them. I had an invite and the name sounded sooo familiar and we messaged back and forth until I finally figured out who it was before I added him. My profile is 100% public so I guess when it boiled down to it, it really didn't matter LOL.

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown

Click for more info!

Beth5289

I'd want to know who I had on my FB.  I would write her on FB and tell her you added her without knowing for certain who she was.  Tell her you were going through your friends list and realized you would like more information. 

Good Luck!

Beth

anitad364
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Absolutely not :)  So many people just invite people to be friends because they have a mutual friend and they want their friend count to be high.  Never feel bad for wanting to know who someone is.  FB is your personal space, if you don't know them or don't want to be their friend anymore then you can delete them :)  I love the power of delete LOL!

CVislosky

No it wasn't rude at all. I want to know how people know me.  

little.miss.mom

I don't think it was rude of you to ask at all, I would want to know as well. My guess is that she/he was just concerned after what happened and wanted to make sure you were ok.

SarahMerritt_22

You have every right to ask her how she knows you and if she cant give you an answer you have the right to remove her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)