Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you're allergic to eggs (or know someone who is) please open.....

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:34 PM
  • 36 Replies

What else are you allergic to? Any non-food items? I found out today that my DS, who's 5 months old, is allergic to eggs. I just want to see if you're allergic to one, what the odds are that you're allergic to the other (like dander or pollen).

Please bump if you don't know. Thanks!!!

*Edit- He is strictly breastfed. I had used formula before (GoodStart) but once all this started happening, I stopped the formula all together (threw it out, even, but there wasn't much left).

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ethans_mom718
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:35 PM

Im not allergic to eggs but Im allergic to alot of meds, grass, coffee, tea the list goes on and on.

Im a mother to 1 beautiful son. I dont believe in ERF! I delay vac. I dont spank in public, I use a child harness when in public, I love tattoos. I circumsized my son, I havent cut his hair in 17 months, Im a smoker, and occasionally drink a few. I dont believe in co-sleeping, and believe we are all allowed to make mistakes with our children no one is perfect! Im a wife to a union worker, and a stay at home mom

matissesmom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:38 PM

I had an egg alergy as a child and grew out of it,but I am also allergice to dust mites which is severe...

1busymomma03
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:38 PM

My youngest DD (3 years old) is allergic to eggs. She is also allergic to milk, soy, wheat, oats, green peas, carrots, beef, fish, shellfish, peanuts, amoxicillian, and all kinds of seasonal/environmental allergies. I'm not sure what the chances of being allergic to other things are if you have an egg allergy, but I do know that you will want to watch for signs of other food allergies. How did you find out your DS is allergic to eggs?

mommyajay
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:40 PM

eggs milk  umm peanut butter

you shouldnt be giving him that kinda stuff yet anyways though ( NOT BASHING!) just saying. dairy type things should be avoided till 1 year old.

esp peanut butter and milk i think they have a higher risk of allergy to it  if you gvie it to them earlier in life. talk to your peditrician though. hope your kiddo is ok and didnt have too severe of a reaction

DigiScrapperMom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:43 PM

My brother was allergic to eggs but he outgrew it.  Or is less sensitive to it or whatever.  He is also allergic to pet dander, especially horse and cat, and pollen and mold.

gilbertgrl627
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:44 PM

He developed severe eczema and noticed it seemed to get worse after I had eggs. His dr sent us an allergist and she took blood. Today she called with the results. Egg for sure, and a slight allergy to dairy, and even slighter (lol, if that's a word) to wheat (not enough for her to be concerned about though). She wants me to cut out as much dairy as possible to see if the eczema will clear up. If it doesn't in a few weeks, then I can resume eating/drinking dairy.

I found out my cousin is allergic to eggs and dust/dust mites.

Quoting 1busymomma03:

My youngest DD (3 years old) is allergic to eggs. She is also allergic to milk, soy, wheat, oats, green peas, carrots, beef, fish, shellfish, peanuts, amoxicillian, and all kinds of seasonal/environmental allergies. I'm not sure what the chances of being allergic to other things are if you have an egg allergy, but I do know that you will want to watch for signs of other food allergies. How did you find out your DS is allergic to eggs?

gilbertgrl627
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:45 PM

He's breastfed and getting it through my milk. Sorry, I didn't put that in there. lol. I'll go ahead an update. I keep forgetting I'm the only one in my head and I sometimes skip over important facts.

Quoting mommyajay:

you shouldnt be giving him that kinda stuff yet anyways though ( NOT BASHING!) just saying. dairy type things should be avoided till 1 year old.

esp peanut butter and milk i think they have a higher risk of allergy to it  if you gvie it to them earlier in life. talk to your peditrician though. hope your kiddo is ok and didnt have too severe of a reaction

alishabear0808
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:48 PM

I have a list about 7 miles long (okay so I exagerate a bit) of things I am allergic to...

Including:

• egg whites
  • corn
  • soy
  • wheat
  • tree nuts
  • pennicillin
  • sulfa antibiotics
  • serzone
  • grass
  • mushrooms
  • onions
  • pepper
  • uncooked tomato seeds
  • latex

I think that is everything....

sherry132
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:53 PM

Forgive me but to answer you honestly I have a long list.

I am allergic to the following:

Eggs, wheat, trees, tree nuts, grass - kentucky blue grass especially, bees, wasps, citrus, dust, dust mites, roaches, cats, dogs, rabbits, wool, feathers, aspirin, morphine, marijuanna, sulpha drugs, perfume, and more.

What is the likelihood of other allergies... pretty good. Children do tend to outgrow childhood allergies but they can flare back up at anytime.

And yes... I am very allergic to marijuanna. I'm only alive today because my sister told my parents what I was doing and saved my life. I wasn't even smoking it. I was merely at a party where others had been smoking it and carried it in on their clothing.

mommyajay
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:54 PM

Its ok,  thats why i wrote  the whole not bashing, because i didnt know the whole story and didnt want to assume and make myself look like a b-. Hope you figure out what it is that your eating thats making him break out in rash. I wonder if thats what happened to my nephew his egzema was terrible. (  i spelt that wrong)  a little tip is put bagbalm on it. omggggg it works wonders!

Quoting gilbertgrl627:

He's breastfed and getting it through my milk. Sorry, I didn't put that in there. lol. I'll go ahead an update. I keep forgetting I'm the only one in my head and I sometimes skip over important facts.

Quoting mommyajay:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)