Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you wear to a wedding?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:37 PM
  • 16 Replies

All the weddings I have been to I have either been in the wedding party or it was a Middle Eastern wedding and I wore a dressy abaya.
I have no clue what to wear to an Italian-American wedding!!!!!! My uncle is getting married April 16th.
I am beyond nervous because I don't do well in social situations and I really don't know my part of that family and I don't know his fiancees family! So I atleast don't want to look like a fool!!!! Lol.
And we really don't have much family coming anyway, my uncles were my grandfathers late in life babies, they are my age and my sisters age, and most of his family is gone!

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wife.and.mommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:41 PM

how formal is it?

JustTheirMomma
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:41 PM

clothes 

Luke-Bryan-f07-1.gif picture by bowsher110803

Elijahsmommy9
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Wear a hotdog costume lol

Wear what YOU would feel comfortable wearing. Wear your hijab (did I spell that right?) and some nice slacks or skirt. I hope you wouldnt not wear it if that side of the family is uncomfortable with it. Although you might get less looks if you wear the hotdog costume lol

isra1986
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:44 PM

I have no clue. I am still waiting for my invite. I am not sure if it will say it on there! I am just nervous, lol.

Quoting wife.and.mommy:

how formal is it?

isra1986
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:45 PM

Lol! Really! I guess the Birthday suit is out of the question now!!!!

Quoting JustTheirMomma:

clothes 

isra1986
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:46 PM

I guess I will get the costume out of storage just in case!
Lol. You spelled it right :)

Quoting Elijahsmommy9:

Wear what YOU would feel comfortable wearing. Wear your hijab (did I spell that right?) and some nice slacks or skirt. I hope you wouldnt not wear it if that side of the family is uncomfortable with it. Although you might get less looks if you wear the hotdog costume lol

Freakbabydoll
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:47 PM

What type of clothing do u like? and does your religion restrict any type of clothing? might be able to send u a cpl Examples

Elijahsmommy9

PLEASE take pictures!!! LOL

I heart you Isra! I love reading your posts.

Quoting isra1986:

I guess I will get the costume out of storage just in case!
Lol. You spelled it right :)

Quoting Elijahsmommy9:

JustTheirMomma

I think anything that is comfortable is what you should wear. Unless the invite says its formal, just go with comfort. =)

Even though the birthday suit would be the most comfortable to me.... haha 

Luke-Bryan-f07-1.gif picture by bowsher110803

DigiScrapperMom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Is there another relative going to the wedding that you could call and see what type of attire they are wearing?  I think it kind of depends on how formal the wedding is.  Mine was semi-formal.  Everyone wore their nicest church going clothes.  Then my neice's wedding was very casual. Her mom (my sister-in-law) wore jeans and an old flannel shirt. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)