Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weird, Strange, Annoying, Confusing School rules??? PIOG

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:55 PM
  • 8 Replies

Does your school have any Weird, Strange, Annoying, or Confusing school rules.......

I know my sons school has some strange ones......and they have so many Rules they may as well Duct tape his arms around his waste and let him walk around like a robot, Cuz even if he breaths wrong he gets in trouble its ridiculous. I understand some rules, but allot of them are RIDICULOUS! then they drop the ball once the kids are in High School. 

Tell me about some of the crazy rules your kids school has.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Crystallynn
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:00 PM

my dd school dress code is VERY strict- they might as well go to uniforms.  But one of them is that they are not allowed to wear any pants with holes in them.  If she falls and rips the knee of her pants, I either have to bring her new pants, or she has to spend the rest of the day in in-school-suspension.  Another one is that no pants without a button and/or zipper are allowed.  No loungewear (which is ok because I dont let her wear pjs to school anyway)  But that also means that they cannot wear any form of windpants either.  Any jacket that covers the back pockets has to be kept in the locker- they are not allowed to wear it around school.  Any shirt that covers the back pockets has to be tucked in......

it goes on and on and on........... 

ILoveMyBabies10
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:02 PM

OMG! may as well put her in military school! lol

Quoting Crystallynn:

my dd school dress code is VERY strict- they might as well go to uniforms.  But one of them is that they are not allowed to wear any pants with holes in them.  If she falls and rips the knee of her pants, I either have to bring her new pants, or she has to spend the rest of the day in in-school-suspension.  Another one is that no pants without a button and/or zipper are allowed.  No loungewear (which is ok because I dont let her wear pjs to school anyway)  But that also means that they cannot wear any form of windpants either.  Any jacket that covers the back pockets has to be kept in the locker- they are not allowed to wear it around school.  Any shirt that covers the back pockets has to be tucked in......

Laura913
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:03 PM

You didn't leave any examples??? what kind of rules are ridiculous???

Laura913
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:05 PM

yeah that is pretty freaking ridiculous! what kind of school is it, private, christian? public?

Quoting Crystallynn:

Beth5289
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:07 PM

BUMP for reading later.  DD is only in preschool, but I wanna hear about the crazy rules...

Beth

ILoveMyBabies10
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:06 PM

No running unless playing a sport, No playing Tag, No playing Monster, No playing cops, or cowboy and indians, No shirts with silly sayings, No sweets at school at all......Theres more but thats just some of the annoying stuff.

Laura913
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Yah sounds silly  but i'm sure they have their reasons.

Quoting ILoveMyBabies10:

No running unless playing a sport, No playing Tag, No playing Monster, No playing cops, or cowboy and indians, No shirts with silly sayings, No sweets at school at all......Theres more but thats just some of the annoying stuff.

Nzumbe
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:23 PM

My high school did have uniforms which I liked but sometimes it got a bit rediculous.  We were not allowed to wear jackets that had any sort of writing on them and they had to be black or maroon.  Do you know how hard it is to find jackets without a logo or anything on them?

Alot of people cut out the emblem of the school uniforms and taped or saftey pinned it over the logo.  Others just wore their jackets under their uniform shirts.

We also wore pajama pants under our uniform pants because khakis don't keep you very warm, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)