Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously? Why do they have to watch me?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:21 PM
  • 11 Replies

So I guess a company rented out a bunch of apartments in my complex because I have noticed that there are two buses that come in and drop men off all over the complex.  Two of the apartments being occupied are near my apt.  One is right next door and the other is in the building I have to pass to get to my apt.  Every single time I walk by either, alone or with my kids, someone goes to the door and opens it and watches us walk by.  Well the ones that are next door to me just moved in and so far every time I come home a guy opens their door and watches me go in to my apartment.  It is getting freaky.  Is there something entertaining about a mom coming home with three kids???  In the last week I have decided that I want a gun because of not only this making me uncomfortable but some other things going on. 

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngelicaRenee
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Weird. That would make me uncomfortable too.

sharivegas0614
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:23 PM

I would ask what were they looking at and yeah get a gun.

Mommy(Christine) 30 + Daddy(Thomas) 25 = Makayla 5 & Lilly 2 & Little Man Due May 3rd 2010

mrsjones2207
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:28 PM

uhm...yeah kinda weird. Id say hi....can i help you? 

Mylesbaby boyMykailahbaby girlMykahbaby boy

Distributor of Young Living Essential Oils and Supplements

katiegirl
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:28 PM

That is really creepy. Is there a way to find out through a landlord or someone who they are and why they are there?  

spore
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:29 PM

I'd make a face.and flip the bird

tomatoqueen
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:32 PM

Is there a manager you can talk to?

A gun in the home with three kids scares me.....even IF you are experienced with a weapon.

FuTureMrsPaRRy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:34 PM

creepy!!..call the manager!!

rriley
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:01 PM

Quoting tomatoqueen:

Is there a manager you can talk to?

A gun in the home with three kids scares me.....even IF you are experienced with a weapon.

Well the gun will be up out of their reach so that wont be a problem.  I also have to teach them all about guns anyways because their dad is a police officer so they will be around them no matter what I do.  I have been sleeping with a hammer lately because of everything.  My ex is going to teach me how to use the gun properly and all about it and then when my kids are older we will teach them along the way.  Right now they are 5, 4, and 1 so they wont be able to learn much right away. 

rriley
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:02 PM

Oh and I am going to talk to management and let them know.  It is just too freaky.  I might be paranoid but there is no need to watch me go in to my apartment. 

OkieGirlKatrina
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:50 PM

They might also be watching you to see if you have a pattern for when you leave and are home.  NOT to break into the house when you are home but when you are gone.  Especially if they know your husband is a cop.  They might try to break in and get weapons and other police items that might be left in the house when you are not at home.....  Definitly notify your landlord and if you apartment is broken into anytime soon it might just be one of your new watchful neighbors

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)