Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I.....???

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:57 PM
  • 5 Replies

My 2yo won't eat anything I make anymore. How do I get him to eat. He asks for snacks all the time (he only gets two a day) even when I serve supper. He hasn't eaten supper for three nights now, and it makes me feel terrible. I don't want to just give him a snack, like DH says I should do, because then he'll think it's ok to not eat what he's given. I hate to think he's going to bed hungry, but he just won't eat anything! He does ok at breakfast and lunch, but he won't do supper. Someone please help! I'm desperate!

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
americanpeso
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:08 PM

No one?

MixedCooke
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 3:37 AM

maybe the portion at lunch is too much and he is not hungry come dinner time.  How soon after lunch or snack does he have dinner?  Increase the time difference or choose less filling snacks.

axy
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 3:42 AM

ive always gone with what the doctors tell me. they arent going to starve themselves. i have a hard time remembering that the little ones cant eat as much as we do, so i give the full servings, im like wth!!! but then i realize i gave them too much!!

nemiller
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 3:47 AM

i'm going through the same thing with my son.  he's starting to refuse ALL his meals and only wants to snack.  i've tried giving him smaller meals more often instead of trying to force big meals and allowing him to snack all day.  it works pretty well until dinner.  since he's already being so picky, i try to make things i know he likes.  then if he just refuses dinner, that's all i'll offer the rest of the night.  no snacks until he finishes the dinner i made for him.  but if he eats a good bit and is full, i let him alone.

Allergic2Stupid
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 3:48 AM

Oddly enough he's got it the way people are SUPPOSED to eat.  Give him a good healthy  breakfast to get the day started off.  Since he eats this meal well try to make it a good size with all the food groups if you can.

Lunch should either be the same or a tad smaller but still as long as he's getting healthy stuff it's all good.

A small dinner is really all anyone needs because it is the end of the day and the body's metabolism is starting to slow for nightime.  Humans don't need a lot of energy because most of us have dinner then off to bed 3 - 4 hours later and our metabolisms go to sleep too.

Don't worry yourself mama.  All you can do is try. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)