Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:57 PM
  • 8 Replies

I just got new neighbors that live above us in our apartments.. its an old lady with her two daughters who HAVE to be over 25 and they have a blind dog. They have probably lived up there for about 2 months now. EVERY single day they are so loud. There is constant pounding and dropping of things coming from up there. I swear they don't sleep either because it doesn't matter what time of day it is they are making tons of noise.

I have two little girls who need their sleep and most of the time when i try to lay them down for naps or for bed each night they don't go to sleep because of the neighbors upstairs.

Well today is so much worse than any other day. I have a horrible headache and it sounds like they're taking a hammer to the walls in one of the bedrooms and they keep dropping things in the kitchen and I can't stand it anymore. I want to go up there and tell them to knock it off but i know that if i go up there i'm going to be a complete bitch and i don't want to do that.

I am just completely sick of the noise coming from up there! Its an all day everyday thing and i'm a stay at home mom which makes it worse for me because i have to deal with it on a daily basis. We have talked to the landlord and they talked to them but nothing has changed.

what would you do? i'm at my wits end with them!  (sorry this was so long i'm just very frustrated!)

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mamivon2
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:01 PM

Record, videotape etc and turn it up real loud holding the player near their window

I am swiss mom raising my kids in the usa bilingual
Amy4045
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:03 PM

I dont know that there really is anything you can do if the landlord wont continue to try to resolve it. This is as a last resort but if it is bothering you and your family that much, maybe ask that when another apartment comes open, you move to it? Thats all I can think of!

gmzana
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:06 PM

call the cops and call your management  company or the owner of the apts.

VJennyLynnS
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:08 PM

I've told my husband we should talk to the landlord about that but he said that'd be stupid.. but he's not here all day everyday listening to it all day everyday like i am. He doesn't see that our children don't go to sleep because of it because he is never here. He doesn't believe me so he won't do it. I just feel like i'm going crazy because of it.

Quoting Amy4045:

I dont know that there really is anything you can do if the landlord wont continue to try to resolve it. This is as a last resort but if it is bothering you and your family that much, maybe ask that when another apartment comes open, you move to it? Thats all I can think of!

VJennyLynnS
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:10 PM

The landlords are the owners of our apts and they are really cool with us and we talk to them all the time so i'm not sure why they aren't doing more for us. maybe i should just complain to them more and they will actually do something about it because they will finally get annoyed with me. lol

Quoting gmzana:

call the cops and call your management  company or the owner of the apts.

a_and_j_momma
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:13 PM
Unfortunately they won't do anythignI don't think unless it's after a certain time. Then you can call the cops or landlord and make a noise complaint.
wife.and.mommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:17 PM

you first need to find out what time the noise  "curfew" is, if they are that loud after the curfew and you can record it on a standard tape recorder/digital recorder and it comes out loud then you will have a leg to stand on.

also... every child is different but why cant your children sleep with noise?

99% of the kids i know can nap anywhere with all sorts of noises going on. 

VJennyLynnS
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:26 PM

The noise curfew is 10pm here and they make noise after that. so i think i'm going to start recording it because this is getting ridiculous.

i'm not completely sure why they won't sleep with noise. its mainly my oldest that won't. i think its because shes used to the house being fairly quiet when she is going to sleep because the neighbors we had before made almost no noise at all (and they had a HUGE dog and two younger kids) so now that there is a lot of noise coming from upstairs it is bothering her.

Quoting wife.and.mommy:

you first need to find out what time the noise  "curfew" is, if they are that loud after the curfew and you can record it on a standard tape recorder/digital recorder and it comes out loud then you will have a leg to stand on.

also... every child is different but why cant your children sleep with noise?

99% of the kids i know can nap anywhere with all sorts of noises going on. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)