Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanks...

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:11 PM
  • 16 Replies

Do you expect to be thanked after you give a gift, or do something nice for someone?

Do you just want a simple thank you, or a thank you card, or nothing?

I always say thanks and write thank you cards.  I know a couple people who don't write them at all and I know some who write them for everything.  I really enjoy getting thank you cards, but don't really mind if I don't receive one.  I just think it's the nice thing to do. 
Just wondering how others feel about thank you cards and such.

If you do get a thanks or thank you card from someone and you never get anything from someone else...does it make you want to do more for the people who showed their appreciation? 

If you're a mom in need or want to help needy mommies, please join the giveaway group! Weekly diaper bag giveaways and more!

www.cafemom.com/group/giveaways4mommies

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:13 PM

I love getting thank you notes. It is a dying art. My kids and I write thank you notes for EVERYTHING. From Christmas gifts to invitations to go somewhere to a neighbor helping us chase a flying carport(ok that was more than a note!)

I RARELY receive them though. It sucks.

mamivon2
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:13 PM

I dont expect it. If I dont get a thank you I wont be disapointed

I am swiss mom raising my kids in the usa bilingual
AllNaturalMum
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:15 PM

I expect at least a verbal thank you.

But I usually write thank you notes and verbalize it as well.

pregnancy calendar
cakright

I wish more people would send them, but I dont expect them anymore. My kids make and send them for everything too.

yayay15

I write them for everything, well except my sons first b-day party last year!  We had tons of kids  opening the gifts and I had no idea who gave us what.  It was too big of a party and nobody was listenting to me! ! I felt really bad and will ALWAYS send them from now on.  I did before anyway.  I don't get them very often either but it's always to get one!

Quoting SuperPickle:

I love getting thank you notes. It is a dying art. My kids and I write thank you notes for EVERYTHING. From Christmas gifts to invitations to go somewhere to a neighbor helping us chase a flying carport(ok that was more than a note!)

I RARELY receive them though. It sucks.

If you're a mom in need or want to help needy mommies, please join the giveaway group! Weekly diaper bag giveaways and more!

www.cafemom.com/group/giveaways4mommies

Orionsgirl

I prefer a verbal thanks. Cards are not necessary for me and I simply throw them away.

orionsgirl. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

FaerieMommie23
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:16 PM

I usually just say thanks but I'm considering getting some Thank you cards this year is my dd's first bday party where her friend's from school will be invited and I feel I should probably send out cards for whoever comes.

R.I.P Uncle Bruce

kk_bella
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:17 PM

I like thank you cards. I usually send them out. I did not this year. I felt bad.

I guess I don't really expect anything, but if someone does not verbally say thank you, I'm like...wow...

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:18 PM
Quoting Orionsgirl:

I prefer a verbal thanks. Cards are not necessary for me and I simply throw them away.

mama310583
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:18 PM

I dont expect much. A verbal thank you would not bother but it doesnt have to be. Thank you cards are kind of just weird to me. I never know what to do with them. Thats just too much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)