Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you could make this illegal, would you? (poll) PLEASE BUMP :)

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:22 PM
  • 37 Replies

Poll

Question: Texting while driving

Options:

Make illegal

Keep legal

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 148

View Results

Maybe its already illegal in your state, but let's say it wasn't and you were the ones voting on it, what would you choose?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babysyoungmom1
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:24 PM

Illegal. Always and forever

missingbelle

As far as I knew I thought it was illegal in Florida?, which is where I live.

AngelicaRenee

It already is in my state. but from what I've been told the cop cannot pull you over JUST for texting while driving, you have to be doing something else with it. I would probably make it illegal though. not smart for most people to do.

LoganandLily
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:26 PM

It's illegal in NY and that is fine by me.

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:27 PM

I'm not sure if it's all of Texas, or just here, but it's illegal on Fort Hood. Using your phone in any way while driving, other than "hands free" is illegal. --- this includes taking your hand from the wheel to answer it even when using "speaker/hands free".

Which I think is silly, because then you'd have to ticket anyone who takes a hand from the wheel for any reason.

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

SEEKEROFSHELLS
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:33 PM

My mom is 79 and can drive and talk on the phone. I am 50- will be 51 tomarrow and I cannot talk on the phone. People know make it short, or I pull over. Texting, I would be on your bumper in a heart beat, hurting me, my kids, you. your hubby, your kids. For me the answer is no. They have done studies, and mildly drunk you are a better driver than talking on the phone. I don't advocate either. Texting, OMG ask for an accident and get it.

irocksocks
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:34 PM

i think it should be legal. Most people can text and drive, you don't even have to look at your phone to text. The only time it would be really hard to text is when you have one of the full keyboard phone and you have to look at all the buttons you hit. People just need to pay attention when they text and it would be better

imthatgirl728
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:34 PM

It is illegal...everywhere. It's called reckless endangerment. Unfortunately they can't pull you over unless you appear to be driving recklessly.

Today I can say I am PROUD to be from Massachusetts!!

Hey Mr. President....Can. You. Hear. Us. NOW!!!!!

imthatgirl728
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:35 PM

This is a joke...right?

Quoting irocksocks:

i think it should be legal. Most people can text and drive, you don't even have to look at your phone to text. The only time it would be really hard to text is when you have one of the full keyboard phone and you have to look at all the buttons you hit. People just need to pay attention when they text and it would be better

Today I can say I am PROUD to be from Massachusetts!!

Hey Mr. President....Can. You. Hear. Us. NOW!!!!!

joshswife07
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:40 PM

are you kidding me?NO people cant text and drive.You sound really young with your stupid answer(not saying all young people are stupid)Well hopefully your lesson on texting while driving wont kill someone or yourself or your children.Texting is the dumbest thing you can do and the ones that think they "got it"are DEAD wrong and stupid

Quoting irocksocks:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)