Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Helppp... Dentist pulled an infected tooth!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:25 PM
  • 20 Replies
went to a denist today because my two teeth were hurting badly.I have a had a few pulled before so I knew what to expect.He said it one was infected and he would take that one and the other was cracked but he said he didn't think that's where the pain was from.He pulled that tooth out and four hours later it hurts worse than all my other extractions combined.He gave me a pain med and said 1every 6 hours.well I've takin two and still crying.I've never felt pain like this.The tooth didn't break and the nerve was dead.Anyone know if there could be something wrong?Any advice on the pain? Every bone on my left side hurts Temple,cheek bones and even my eye balls.If the infected was that bad should he have waited? help before I pass out.thank you
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imthatgirl728
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:27 PM

Well he should have never pulled it if it was absess...you need antibiotics first.

I would go back tomorrow.

Today I can say I am PROUD to be from Massachusetts!!

Hey Mr. President....Can. You. Hear. Us. NOW!!!!!

jothra
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:27 PM

Call your dentist.

stefvan
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Call the office - maybe there is an answering service that will page your dentist.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:29 PM

I am hoping that the infection hasnt spread for you.   My dentist gave me antibiotics if i had an infection before pulling the tooth/teeth.   You may need to see your regular doctor or dentist again for the infection.

MaeHamMomma
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Were the two "bad" teeth next to each other? If so pulling the one could have aggravated the other.

Also, did you smoke, drink (with or without a straw), vomit or eat sooner then two hours after having the tooth pulled? If so you might have dry socket. If that is the case you will have to go back to the dentist.

I would recomind moist heat. Basically this is a wet HOT wash cloth. Place it on the side of your face. It will help.

Also if you are swollen chew gum on the other side of your mouth. It will help too.  

missingbelle
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:31 PM

My hubby had that pain from 3 teeth the week before christmas , our oral surgen is an oral surgen and medical doctor and he gave hubby antibiotics to take right after he pulled this teeth.

Quoting imthatgirl728:

Well he should have never pulled it if it was absess...you need antibiotics first.

dabahmmom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:32 PM

I had pretty much the same thing back in June. I ended up at the ER cause the pain meds they gave me just didnt work. UGH...and I had to get an antibiotic which the dentist failed to give me. I tried everything I could think of to lessen the pain and the dentist would not return my call. so like I said I ended up going to the emergency room and the doctor gave me an antibiotic and daluadid...vicodin sucked buttl...didn't touch what I had going on in my mouth...so Good luck....

Lizzys_mommy13
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:32 PM

My husband works as a dental tech for the Navy. He said "that shits gonna hurt!" He also said depending on which tooth it is, the sensitivity is going to vary. He said if it is hurting that bad you could try a cold compress. If the tooth was that bad infected, the dentist should have given you antibiotics. In my personal opinion, I would call them tomorrow and see if they can fit you into their schedual or give you some better pain meds and anti-biotics. Hope that helps and I hope your pain gets better. 

Proud Mommy to Elizabeth!

HannahEsmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:34 PM

I agree.  Our dentist did that with my husband when he had an abscess.

Quoting imthatgirl728:

Lizzys_mommy13
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:36 PM

DO NOT! I REPEAT DO NOT DO THIS! My husbands eyes got SUPER wide when I read the part about the warm wash cloth. He said COLD COMPRESS. He said the best thing to bite down on is a tea bag. If you read my previous post, I already stated he is a Dental Tech for the Navy. He said dry socket is a possibility, but its a bit too early to tell if its only been 4 hours.

Quoting MaeHamMomma:

Were the two "bad" teeth next to each other? If so pulling the one could have aggravated the other.

Also, did you smoke, drink (with or without a straw), vomit or eat sooner then two hours after having the tooth pulled? If so you might have dry socket. If that is the case you will have to go back to the dentist.

I would recomind moist heat. Basically this is a wet HOT wash cloth. Place it on the side of your face. It will help.

Also if you are swollen chew gum on the other side of your mouth. It will help too.  

Proud Mommy to Elizabeth!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)