Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What happened to make him hate showering??

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:27 PM
  • 2 Replies

My son just turned 2, he has always loved water, and I've always nutured his love of water..

He loves taking showers.. whether I'm showering with him, or I'm outside the shower, holding onto him of course giving him a shower, he's always loved showers.. (he likes baths too, but he loves showering)..

Well my mom tried to give him a shower yesterday (she was babysitting) just to keep things fast.. She said he screamed bloody murder, freaking out trying to climb up her.. she knows the right temperature and everything.. She's been babysitting him since he was born..(no she doesn't shower with him.. I'm the only person that showers with him)

So today, I decide to see for myself what the heck she's talking about... I ask him if he wants to take a shower, he said yes.. I turn on the shower.. he starts trying to climb in with his clothes on.. his whole shower he's laughing and giggling the whole time like always..

I forgot his towel in his room and asked my dad to step in the bathroom with him while I run to get his towel and he starts screaming bloody murder..

This is something that happened overnight.. both my parents shower him at least once a week each (I work nights sometimes) and he's always been fin with it..

I'm really concerned about this.. I plan to bring it up to his pediatrician.. just because it seems pyschological.. He hasn't been with anyone except my mom, my dad and my brothers girlfriend (and I trust her completely) in months...

Any idea's??

I started my weight loss journey on November 3rd, 2009. My weight loss progress is updated every Friday. I want to have the full 84lbs gone by July 21st, 2010. If you want to know how I'm doing it, read my journal! =) Complete with progress pictures and will be updated whenever I add something to my weight loss routine and/or I get another progress picture. Do it with me! Send me a PM I'm always looking for a weight loss buddy!

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
isra1986
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:28 PM

From everything I have read on this, it is normal! DD is almost 2 and is ok if I let her play in the water herself, but as soon as I start to wash her hair, she screams!
They grow out of it though!

ctc05
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:31 PM

I think it's a phase.....DD hates things one week and loves them the next

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)