Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

who do you vent to? (feel like i got no one)

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:43 PM
  • 10 Replies

who is your sounding board? do you have a sounding board and if not, how do you deal with the daily frustrations?

I am so frustrated, so angry and somewhat depressed (i feel myself about to get depressed, but I'm hoping to snap outta it soon).. But I have no one to talk to. I tried to call SO, but he's not at home and doesnt have a cell. Other than him, I have no one.. and I never call him- EVER! If I do, its cuz I'm about to go crazy! didnt help that he didnt answer today!

I'm gonna list my frustrations and I know a lot of you guys dont wanna read long posts, so you can totally skip over it and just read/post about the red.

My frustrations:
My mom: Owes over 11 grand to some lady. I believe she's being sued by TWO banks. I'm handling all her financial obligations; from rent, bills, going to the bank, etc. Taking care of her apartment, packing her shit up. She'll be coming back mid-Feb, and as soon as she gets here, she's gotta move outta her apartment.. which means i get to look for apartments that she MIGHT like- this woman doesnt like ANYTHING! on top of that; my dad is buying her plane ticket... She's in Australia, fucking her daughters dad and my dad is payign for her return trip! She has a ticket back to the US, but to Cali.. we live in Ohio, so she needs to layover some place else. I gotta find out what state she wants to go to (texas, michigan, etc) cuz if not, she'll get pissed about being in a state she didnt chose to be in.... her ticket from Australia to Ohio is Feb 4.... she wont give us the info we need, to get her a ticket from LAX to wherever...  OH! she also has a court date or soemthing in the next few weeks. no idea what its about, but she cant be there for court if she's not even in the US right?!

My sister: keeps avoiding my dad, but calls me. my dad is trying to buy her a car, but she hasnt done any research on it (car insurance, etc)... another thing thats blocking him is mom is saying that she might just move away, so sis can have the car... but sis needs a car ASAP so unless mom moves within a month, dad's gotta buy another car... but no one is talking to HIM. they are going through ME!

School: I have 3 classes a week. in each class, there's from 10-20 projects- EACH! i missed last weeks classes, so yea- i'm really far behind.. i dont even understand how to do this shit. tonight's teacher wants us to make a house, according to the floor plan he gave us- but didnt give us any dimensions.

Job: just like other people- i want/need a job... but nothing is turning up and its frustrating.

Weight: my sleep schedule is so f'ed up, so my eating schedule is f'ed up. i eat more at night since i'm awake at night. i might be awake during the day, but i'm just not hungry. not gonna lose weight if i keep on this track.

SO: somewhat mad that he doesnt have a cell, but he hasnt had one in so long. lol but at least he got a job this week, pay is over $14, i think- so he'll be getting a cell soon (at least i really hope so. depending fully on his financial obligations vs income).

Life: I feel like i'm not really achieving or accomplishing anything. I made the big/long list for the New Year's Resolution, but I also make monthly and weekly goals. Weekly are just small ones- like lunch or a playdate with somebody (i have no friends at all- meeting up with a few moms from here and other playgroups though), talk to 4 random people, etc. Monthly ones are getting back into working out, losing X amount of lbs, etc. But so far- i havent achieved SHIT! i lost 3 lbs in Jan... had lunch with my SO, but he doesnt count. I cant even accomplish my small goals- what makes me think i can accomplish my big ones? (<--- this is the depression trying to sneak in on me).

21 year old single mom of a 4 year old boy. Not sure exactly what kind of mom I am, but I get a chance to better myself everyday. My biggest goal for 2010 is to break out of my shell.

~~~ I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anetrnlov
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:44 PM

I've got three sounding boards...

My husband

My momma

My best friend

caiti
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:46 PM

All I can really say, is that I know how depression feels, your fucked up sleeping and eating schedule, I'm very familiar with that. I cry at least twice a day these days. I feel useless and impotent most of the time because of how my disease limits me. But, here's to you, I hope we both feel better soon.

Oh, and my sounding boards...my mom, sometimes hubs. Sometimes a friend, but I never really fully vent to anyone because I feel like I'm burdening them, or they don't want to listen to me talk about me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Boy Stole my Heart

luv2wahm
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:48 PM

depends what I need to vent about...

I vent to my husband..

I have a couple of close friends..

My sister

My mom

nickynova
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:07 PM

My mom we talk everyday! If I have a problem I call her if I am sad,mad,happy or any other emotion I call her.

Christy644
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:11 PM

I used to vent all my frustrations to my dog. Poor thing. Now CM gets it all. My dog is soooo grateful LOL

Idiosyncratic
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:12 PM

I come here....

kaker104
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:13 PM

My best friend

my mom

and Cafemom 

momwith2monkeys
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:20 PM

i vent to my friend and occassionly i will write a post but with the women in this group i would just get bashed so mainly i wait until she is off work and i vent to her and she does the same with me. i can't vent to my husband because he don't want to hear it. and my mom yea not getting into that one there she is the  bitch from hell, so can't vent to her not to mention we aren't talking right now

raegansmom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:21 PM

I have my Best Friend

My DH

My Dad

My Sister

serioussifL
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:23 PM

my journal.

I am a breastfeeding and formula feeding, pro-choice, vaccinating, Turbo Jamming,
disposable diaper using, cio sometimes, cat loving, dieting, married
and love my husband
Army wife and momwww.myspace.com/serioussifl  Check out my music!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)