Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

s/o... why do you/would you go to the er yourself?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:06 PM
  • 28 Replies

i myself have been a number of times.. the first tiem, was for dehydration, mil made me go.... then for a car accident, then for a mc.... i went 2 times while prego with aidan, one cause i was bleeding so much(lost his twin)and the other cause i could not keep anything down, for over a week, and had a migrain for 3 days, the on call nurse told me to come in....

and the most recent, was cause i bled for 18 days, and was in extreem pain, and fainted, my friend made me go

as of may

treadmilljumping ropescrapbooking

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamaz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:07 PM

i would have to be dying. and even then on the brink of dead. i dont have insurance yet until march. i wouldnt set foot in a hospital or dr's office until then. i could be bleeding out my eyes and i would still just use the "ask a nurse" line

Photobucket

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination

LOOK IT'S BOB
☻/ This is bob, copy paste him on
/▌ every update you see so he can
/ \ take over Facebook. You've been Bobbed

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:08 PM

I have been to ER twice in my life, once when I was a teenager and had taken some medication I turned out to be allergic to. Once after a car accident.

I will avoid ER at all costs.

RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:09 PM

The only times I have been to the ER were for my Gall Bladder, I went in 4 times before they got the hint that it was not indegestion. By the time they finally called the surgon in my GB was about to burst. And when I was pregnant with DS and vomiting after anything, even if I swallowed my own saliva. It was bad. Usually I wont even go to the Dr. DH gets on me all the time, but I will wait till the pain is horriable befoe I even consider going in.

Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ.    ~Proclamation, September 23,1995~

luv2wahm
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:10 PM

3 times for passing kidney stones...

once for an allergic reaction where my mouth was swelling shut and it was hard to breath(found out I was allergic to codeine)

that's about it...

bubbasmom0917
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:12 PM

when i was pregnant i was so dehydrated that the doctor made me go. i had home iv therapy for about 6 months and if the nurse that came in couldn't find a vein i would have to go it. other than that i would have to really be hurt. wait i went back in october cause i was throwing up all day and fil took be in to get checked. gave me a shot and i was all better. my thigh hurt for a week though

CallieLynsMommy

I used to try and avoid the ER but my family doctor wouldn't listen to me so I ended up going a few times. Once for heavy bleeding during  pregnancy (I was at work, an hour away, OB advised me to go to ER), another time I was taken by ambulance from work because I blacked out and then when I woke up I was in "false labor" (this time at a trainer's meeting, I probably scared my co-workers to death). The other times were for severe pain in my leg, as in I couldn't walk...they did nothing, told me it was shin splints. I had a bone tumor. Idiots.

Now if I even have a fever I call my oncologist and drive up to the hospital to be admitted, so no more ERs for me for a while.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."- Mahatma Gandhi

BabyinAug08

do you not have a primany doctor?Because it seems to me like some of thi things you go for are things that could be handled by your doc. JMO  I mean if I couldn't hold anyhting down for almost a week, I would probably call my doc first thing in the morning.

I call my doctor before going to the er since most things can be handled by him and without insurance it is much cheaper to pay for a doctor visit than a ER visit.

Rear facing blinkie Pictures, Images and Photos

kk_bella
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:13 PM

Are you asking why would we go for ourselves or why we would go BY ourselves?

The last time I went to the ER was when I had the worst hangover you could ever imagine. I began puking at 1 am and did not stop until 6 that evening. I thought I had alcohol poisoning. Turned out I had a stomach infection on top of my hangover and severe dehydration.  I went by myself because my mom was watching the kids. And I begged my husband to come with me but he refused.

Jennifer_236

I am allergic to red ants so when a red ant bits me then I have to go in, So about once a year

bubbasmom0917

codeine makes my chest hurt so bad. i tend to not take no pain meds after taking codeine.

Quoting luv2wahm:

3 times for passing kidney stones...

once for an allergic reaction where my mouth was swelling shut and it was hard to breath(found out I was allergic to codeine)

that's about it...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)