Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

our plan

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:07 PM
  • 2 Replies

My best friend and I are going to quit smoking together. we have got a plan

starting tomorrow

we switch from full flavor to lights. and from 100;s to short

• we are cutting from a pack a day to a half a pack a day 10 cig for about 2 weeks and then we are going to cut back a cig a day after that until it get to the point where we don't even need them
  • we are going to leave or cig at home when we leave so no smoking when the kids are not in the car ( the only time we smoke in our cars) and no smoking walking into a store
  •  since we are smoking a half a pack a day we are going to take the $6 we would spend on the seond pack and put it back and at the end of the week buy ourselves something with it
  • when we are on the phone which is when we smoke the most we are going to do something else like clean, do laundry ( we are going to have the cleanest house on our blocks)
  • we are to stop buying any junk food to keep us from snacking and buy healthy food
  • we are going to exericse when we fill the need to smoke and this will be productive to keep us from gaining weight and keep our mind off cig

we know we will have our week moments but we will get through it. our cut off date is march 3rd we plan on not smoking by that day

anyone else want to join us!!!!!!!!

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ready_for2
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:08 PM

good luck!!! you can do it!

mom_of_2_in_ny
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Good luck! I quit 7 1/2 yrs ago with the patch.  You can do it!! Make sure you pick up a hobby that involves keeping your hands busy.  The hand to mouth habit is a hard one to break also.

Good luck!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)