Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you think of this? It has been on my mind all night.

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:20 PM
  • 19 Replies

Today I had a guy knock on my door. I looked out the window and he said "Oh, I didn't know anyone would be home" and got in his truck and left.
I don't know this guy, never saw him before in my life.
It has been on my mind all day. It kinda creeps me out.
I am home by myself with my knife beside me, but I have had anxiety all night.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuvmySFSGT
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Hmmm do you have like a for sale sign on anything? Weird.

RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:22 PM

What? Did you get the plate numbers?  I think I would have, IDK, reproted that or something. Maybe he was gonna leave a note or something. I mean if he was gonna break in why would he knock? Still creepy though.

Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ.    ~Proclamation, September 23,1995~

mom_of_2_in_ny
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:22 PM

Were you able to get a description of his truck, and/or a plate number?  I would atleast report it to the police dept. It might not do much, but you never know.

isra1986
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:22 PM

Yeah, we are trying to sell this place! Maybe that's it.

Quoting LuvmySFSGT:

Hmmm do you have like a for sale sign on anything? Weird.

CrittersWomen
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:23 PM

what does he mean oh sorry didnt know any one was home, keep a eye out and doors locked. u should of tried to get a plate number or make and model of truck.

isra1986
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:23 PM

It was just a maroon truck. That's all I got.

Quoting RheaF:

What? Did you get the plate numbers?  I think I would have, IDK, reproted that or something. Maybe he was gonna leave a note or something. I mean if he was gonna break in why would he knock? Still creepy though.

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:24 PM

I would have been outside taking his license plate # as he drove off...or a picture of it/him...stuff like that creeps me out.

Keep your doors locked and high alert but MOST likely since you were home he will not be returning.

You hear about that alot, someone knocking to figure out if someone is home or not. Since you have actually seen him and could give a description of that account it would probably be too risky to him to return again.

babybee2007
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:24 PM

Yeah, that seems very weird...  and I don't blame you for being scared.  I would call the police department and at least let them know a description of what he looked like, and his truck (if you got a good look at it).  Maybe they could give you better advice on what to do?

*Katie*
Proud Wife to Gabe and
Loving mom to Jared...
Expecting our baby girl in June!

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie - (S3lk)

kameronsmommy08
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:25 PM

That's creepy! Is dh home? 

AMom29
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:26 PM

Jeepers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)