Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Junk drawers....

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:23 PM
  • 9 Replies

Do you have one? more than one?

I have noticed that I keep getting more and more junk drawers! There is one in the kitchen, one in the nightstand, and one in the dresser! I'm pretty sure that I don't need the crap that is in there but I'm too tired to clean them out. Then I think- obviously I put it in there for a reason...It seems the older the kids get - the more crap I seem to accumulate...grr....

So how do you ladies keeps the junk to a minimum?

Oh- and papers from the kids school? they keep sending home a 1,000 page a week home! Should I feel bad that I throw them in the garbage once I check to make sure that I don't have to sign anything? Do you do that?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ajswenson
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:25 PM

We don't keep much around here.  We have one little itty bitty junk drawer in the kitchen and that's it.  And it's not really a junk drawer, we have pens/gum/little tools in there.  As far as the school papers....I try to pitch every once in a while, but save special ones for sure.  I do have lots of those.

kk_bella
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:26 PM

Not any more and I would tell you why but sometimes I'm a debbie downer and I don't mean to be.

Mom2jngnc
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:27 PM

I have 1 junk drawer in my kitchen and I just cleaned it out. It's very small, so I have to keep it clean in order to find my screwdriver and super glue...lol

As far as the papers from school.... they get recycled. Artwork will get hung in my kitchen (I have a wall between my backdoor and my basement door that is useless)..... once it's full, we pull it all down, and recycle it, then start over. 

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, Christopher and Alexander 

"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."

LuvMyFrog
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:29 PM

Quoting kk_bella:

Not any more and I would tell you why but sometimes I'm a debbie downer and I don't mean to be.

LOL I'm a full fledged member of the Debbie downer fan club! I prefer to call myself Negative Nancy when no one is paying attention! LMAO

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:31 PM

Wah Wah Wahhhhhh.......

Quoting kk_bella:

GingerKitten
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:33 PM

Wow! I have junk drawers all over the house! Every now and then I'll "clean" them out and find stuff that had been missing for months.Sometimes I'll find stuff I can't even figure out what it is or why I even got it in the first place.I'm a bit of a pack rat.

djemMama0725
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:36 PM

*hangs head* i need to clean my junk drawer...when we moved it put everything from the old drawer in a bag...then "unpacked" it into the new drawer :P

" There will be an answer, let it be......" --Paul McCartney

eyegirl
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:37 PM

I don't have junk drawers.I have junk baskets.I have a basketin every room that misplaced things are suppose to go into.I try to clean them weekly but it never seems to happen.My 2 yr olds new thing is to go room to room and put everything in one basket.

As for kids papers.I put them on the fridge than when it gets full I take a picture to keep and we use their art work to wrap gifts for family and friends. 

LuvMyFrog
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Quoting djemMama0725:

*hangs head* i need to clean my junk drawer...when we moved it put everything from the old drawer in a bag...then "unpacked" it into the new drawer :P

Hey- at least you emptied it out... I moved the nightstand with the junk in it! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)