Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Atheist billboards... what do you think?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:35 PM
  • 138 Replies

I live in the bible belt and I see TONS billboards relating to Christianity everywhere I go. I'm assuming religious billboards are everywhere all around the US. I, personally, could care less that they are there, they don't call for me, so whatever. I can't remember the exact story, or where I saw it from, but its been sorta recent.... but there was an Atheist billboard in some state that said something to the effect of "Atheist? your not alone!" and had a website on it... not bashing religion, not even a word about anyone else... Alot of Christians around that area were going as far as to send out death threats to the owner of the property to take it down. (I think it was private property)

WOW.... like I said, I see all kinds of religious billboards pertaining to all different aspects of different beliefs and I don't see anyone making a big deal out of it.... so, why an Atheist one?

So, would you be offended by an Atheist billboard while driving down the road if it was similar to the one I mentioned? Would you pitition to have it taken down (or death threats,lol? I hope not, lol)? I know, as an Atheist, I pay no mind to the religious billboards I see while driving down the road... they arn't calling to me and only to those who follow that religion... in other words, they are none of my buisness and they have every right to be up just as ours do.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babygirlsmom314
by Corinne on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:40 PM

We don't really have any billboards like that around here.  I honestly wouldn't give it two thoughts. 

Click to join in.

Shaynas_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:41 PM

It wouldn't offend me at all because I was raised to accept people and not be judgemental, and a TRUE Christian wouldn't be acting that way and threating to kill people. 

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:41 PM

bump

SamiJ18
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:41 PM

Because Satan uses the Atheists to do his dirty work didn't ya' know???  lol.

CallieLynsMommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:42 PM

If religious organizations can put up billboards why not atheists? It's ridiculous that people would be offended.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."- Mahatma Gandhi

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:42 PM

The reason for posting this is why is it such a big deal to some?

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Quoting babygirlsmom314:

We don't really have any billboards like that around here.  I honestly wouldn't give it two thoughts. 

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Quoting SamiJ18:

Because Satan uses the Atheists to do his dirty work didn't ya' know???  lol.

Yea, sure does, lol.... didn't really think of that one. Should have been obvious. We are trying to stain innocent minds.

hmmmmm.....  whos next? lol.

isra1986
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:45 PM

As long as it isn't a bash-fest billboard, I don't see why anyone would care!

RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Nope! My Family (as in DH and Kids) are LDS, Mormon. We firmly believe everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. I would simply explaine to them that this is a different belief. Honestly, if a billboard strips away my childs Faith, I would have to seriously consider how firm that faith was, and where I failed in teaching them.

Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ.    ~Proclamation, September 23,1995~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)