• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yeast Infection

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:35 PM
  • 7 Replies

I'm like 95% sure my son has a yeast infection. He's incredibly red on his bottom and on part of his thigh, and its not going away with diaper rash cream. Is there anything i can do at home to fix it, he has a doctors apt the begining of february, should i just go ahead and take him in?

Heather- I am a  vaxing, non CIO, disposable diapering, formula feeding, stay at home mommy to Isaiah and happily married to the best hubby ever, Patrick.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
isaiahsmomma86
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:44 PM

bump

Soriano
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:45 PM

a bump for you

americanpeso
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Corn Starch helps here! GL!

SamoandTimBug
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:49 PM

You could try acidophilius (the stuff that's in yogurt, it also comes in capsules that you can open and use the powder), but it might or might not work.  LOL, there's always gentian violet, but I don't think you want to paint his whole diaper area purple.  I'd get in to the doc.  My youngest son had a yeast infection when he was a baby, and they gave me Nystatin cream and it healed right up.

bluefacegirl75
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:49 PM

Try an antifungal cream.

BraxtonsMom07
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:51 PM

coconut oil! i bought some at publix....not sure if you have one....it would be in the organic center

chrysbolouvi
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:54 PM

Does it look thick? If it does it probably is a yeast infection..The thing to use is Gyne-Lotrimin or the generic Clotrimazole it works really well. Otherwise when my girls get diaper rash I use vaseline it works better than any of the products out there..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)