Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you been through this?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:37 PM
  • 26 Replies

Hi ladies,

I'm starting to get nervous and am looking for others with experience in this. I start chemo on Thursday and am wondering if anyone else has been through it? I have to stay in the hospital for each chemo treatment, this week I'm staying Thursday-Sunday morning. I'll usually have two week breaks in-between treatments but in the middle I have to do 3 weeks in a row. Right now my treatment (if everything goes good, including my surgery) is set to last 30 weeks, so roughly 7 and a half months. What did you feel like during chemo? I know it varies because of the drugs utilized but I'd like to know experiences with any kind of chemo. My cancer (osteosarcoma) treatment calls for Adriamycin (Doxirubicin), Cisplatin, and Methotrexate. Has anyone had to have these drugs?

My oncologist has gone over everything with me and I know all the possible side effects, I'm just looking for first hand experience.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."- Mahatma Gandhi

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CallieLynsMommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:43 PM

Bump, no one? :(

Well, I'm glad no one has been through chemo but perhaps you know someone?

supermom3806
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:45 PM

My aunt is going through chemo for Breast Cancer. I'm not sure what meds she is on but I know she does her chemo on Fridays so that way if she gets sick she doesnt have to work. I'm sorry I'm no help. I hope you find the help you need && good luck

NessaLovesEmma
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:45 PM

I haven't been through this. Here is a bump for you. I hope you find someone who can help.

CallieLynsMommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Thank you. I hope your aunt gets better very soon!

Quoting supermom3806:

My aunt is going through chemo for Breast Cancer. I'm not sure what meds she is on but I know she does her chemo on Fridays so that way if she gets sick she doesnt have to work. I'm sorry I'm no help. I hope you find the help you need && good luck

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:47 PM

Hugs mama...I have not been through this but I wanted to give you some support. Good Luck to you.

CallieLynsMommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:49 PM

Thanks for the support ladies!

supermom3806
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:49 PM

You're welcome. && thanks she's almost done from what I know but they found lumps behind her legs now so idk my family sucks when it comes to our health.

Quoting CallieLynsMommy:

Thank you. I hope your aunt gets better very soon!

Quoting supermom3806:

fairymom2316
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:50 PM

Maybe you can try this group?

Cancer Survivors, Fighters, & Supporters

I hope things turn out well for you, good luck!

NevadaSky
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:52 PM

I haven't been through this. But my sister has.  She had ovarian cancer.  She went through the chemo treatments and 3 different surgeries, then also had to go through the radiation therapy also.  It was touch and go a couple of different times.  But she has been cancer free now for a little over a year.  My thoughts and prayers will be with you as you start on this journey.  Good Luck and God Bless!!!

americanpeso
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:54 PM

My uncle went through it 3 different times, but he wouldn't ever talk about it. I hope everything goes well for you. I'll be praying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)