Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously? Can they do this?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:41 PM
  • 6 Replies

So I go to pick up my DD from her daycare where shes been going for 2 years and theres a letter to the parents to tell them that the daycare will be shutting there doors for good on Jan. 29th thats the end of this week! Now 70 kids need a new place to go and I dont live in the biggest of cities and there are only so many daycares and I started calling around and A LOT of them are full already with waiting lists as long as a year! So they give us NO notice and what are we left to do but scramble to find a new place to bring our kids? I don't think thats fair....

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ff-princess
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:42 PM

fair, no.  but at least they didn't wait until you had paid for next week and just not been there on Monday.

cmb121906
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:43 PM

I'm sure it was a last min thing for them too. I'm sure they would have given ample notice if they could if that was the case.

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown

Click for more info!

FDNYwife
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:43 PM

that really stinks but it doesnt seem like theres much you can do

go to http://www.sittercity.com/, http://www.care.com/ or http://www.care4hire.com/ and looks for someone local with a background check, start interviewing now.  Good luck!

Mommynwife26
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:46 PM

I pay 2 months in advance so i have next month already paid but they are reimbursing me by check so that's good. 

Quoting ff-princess:

fair, no.  but at least they didn't wait until you had paid for next week and just not been there on Monday.

MaeHamMomma
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:50 PM

This happened to me several years ago. Only we didn't find out until the day they closed. I got there to drop my DD off and the place was pretty much empty. They owner/director was there telling everyone that it was their last day in business.

Sucked big time. 

Mommynwife26
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:53 PM

It amazes me they can do this! We pay them to watch our children and yet they can close on us at anytime without much or no notice and expect us to be ok

Quoting MaeHamMomma:

This happened to me several years ago. Only we didn't find out until the day they closed. I got there to drop my DD off and the place was pretty much empty. They owner/director was there telling everyone that it was their last day in business.

Sucked big time. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)