• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question About Army W2

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:43 PM
  • 7 Replies

I am getting ready to file our taxes because our 1099 INT finally came in the mail today. My husband is active duty Army, and I had not really payed much attention to his W2 form. Now that I am inputting it into the tax software, I see that the address is something crazy. It isn't even an address. It's just a bunch of letters and numbers. So, my question is would I input the info just the same as on the W2 or would I put our correct address in there? I am so confused, and I'm trying to decide whether or not I should just take my taxes into town tomorrow and file them with H&R Block. Thanks!

I just thought that I would add this to see if anyone can make sense of it...

Block e where the discrepency is. It is for the employee's name, address, and zip code. This is what it says:

Hubby's Name

MPWBZ8AA 4821

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
fairymom2316
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:46 PM

My husbands' W2 has an address for Indiana. The name of the "Employer" is  DFAS. What does it say on your W2?

MPWifeJessicia
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:50 PM

The employers address is DFAS in Indiana. Block e where the discrepency is. It is for the employee's name, address, and zip code. This is what it says:

Hubby's Name

MPWBZ8AA 4821

MPWifeJessicia
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:56 PM

bump

fairymom2316
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:05 PM
MPWifeJessicia
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:05 PM

Okay. Thanks! :-)

Crystallynn
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:27 PM

you cant go PM on me.... mine just has the string of numbers and letters too!!!

fairymom2316
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Quoting Crystallynn:

you cant go PM on me.... mine just has the string of numbers and letters too!!!

LOL! Just put the address where you live, not the jumbled letters =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)