Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG they are tearing up my couch!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:57 PM
  • 9 Replies

We just got 2 kittens yesterday, only 7 weeks old. I love them! But they are wild as can be when they are awake. They have already put little kitty claw marks on the back of my 2 year old couch. When do kittens calm down?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
isra1986
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:59 PM

Lol! That is terrible and cute at the same time!
I have no clue, maybe get them some catnip?
That is why I specifically adopted a 6 year old cat, We always had cats growing up and I remember how wild kittens can be!

neenerashley
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:01 PM

I love the lil kitties!

00momma00
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:03 PM

How to train kitties to a scratching post;

Get them a scratching post, and some catnip. Rub the catnip into the post. Praise kitty profusely for scratching on the post. If kitty starts on the couch, take him to the post.

3earthangels
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Oh it's absolutely hilarious watching them run around like maniacs. They are so adorable! I just want my couch to last a few more years.....

Quoting isra1986:

That is why I specifically adopted a 6 year old cat, We always had cats growing up and I remember how wild kittens can be!

3earthangels
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:04 PM

Me too!

Quoting neenerashley:

I love the lil kitties!

samgoss

Depends on the kitty! I had a cat for five years and he never calmed down!! He would go completly nuts at random times during the day. Tearing my curtains down, knocking dishes to the floor..... I sure do miss that cat!

FaerieMommie23

It doesnt really matter when they calm down they will never stop tearing up your couch. I just got a new couch a couple of months ago and my cat refuses to stop scratching it. The only solution I know of is try getting them one of those carpet scratching posts and rub it down with catnip or have them declawed. BTW dont clip their claws, it only makes them scratch more. I clap my hands really loud the second I hear my cat scratching at the couch and she takes off running.

R.I.P Uncle Bruce

isra1986
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:05 PM

Lol! It is fun! My Shaw Shaw is a lazy butt! But he is too cute!

Quoting 3earthangels:

Oh it's absolutely hilarious watching them run around like maniacs. They are so adorable! I just want my couch to last a few more years.....

Quoting isra1986:

jenelle379
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:06 PM

get a spray bottle and spray them when there doing something wrong they will learn to not do it :-)

Daisypath Wedding tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)