• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Starting to feel like a bridezilla!..or maybe he's just a groomzilla?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:57 PM
  • 4 Replies

Just needing to vent, and I have no one to talk to......

My wedding is less than 2 weeks away, and I am just ready for it be here and over. I am sick of all the planning, all the details, everything. I had no desire to have a BIG wedding, yet somehow that's what it has turned into. My fiance can't quit changing plans (his family's input). I am so incredibly stressed. It has turned into such a formal event...and now my fiance just informed me I can't go to pick up the flowers with him (ordered wholesale about an hour away), because his mom doesn't want me to go. He also informed me that I offended someone in his family because I forgot to put "and family" on their invitation, so they thought their children couldn't come. It was an honest mistake, but now that will just add to his family's dislike of me.

Just wanting to be excited about my wedding...

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
aviatorswife
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:02 PM

It will be okay. All of us who plan a wedding of any size go through this. You will never be able to please everyone and at the end of the day, its your wedding. You will be the ones looking back fondly on this day for the rest of your lives, not them. I have to ask, why is it that you can't go pick up the flowers for your wedding. You STB MIL needs to realize that whether she wants you there or not, its your wedding. I would be having a talk with DF if there isn't some valid reason for my not being there.

The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.

mommytohuddy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:07 PM

Quoting aviatorswife:

It will be okay. All of us who plan a wedding of any size go through this. You will never be able to please everyone and at the end of the day, its your wedding. You will be the ones looking back fondly on this day for the rest of your lives, not them. I have to ask, why is it that you can't go pick up the flowers for your wedding. You STB MIL needs to realize that whether she wants you there or not, its your wedding. I would be having a talk with DF if there isn't some valid reason for my not being there.

Thanks for the reply. I know this feeling must be normal. I don't think it helps the Martha Stewart side of me decided to make ALL of the decorations and none of my bridesmaids live close enough to help. I have no clue why I can't go to pick up the flowers, really caught me off guard. I had decided to take that day off, but now I am wondering why considering I will be sitting at the house alone most of the day.

chiquis
by Diamond Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Is this his familys wedding ? Or YOU and YOUR fiances? Theres no way in hell my fiance would tell me/inform me I cannot go with him to get the flowers *because his mom doesn't want me to* no way.

You and him should be making the choices here without any input from them.

mommytohuddy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:13 PM

Quoting chiquis:

Is this his familys wedding ? Or YOU and YOUR fiances? Theres no way in hell my fiance would tell me/inform me I cannot go with him to get the flowers *because his mom doesn't want me to* no way.

You and him should be making the choices here without any input from them.

thanks, guess that's what I needed to hear. We have been together for 4 years, and I don't think they have gotten past me being shy when they first met me. They took it has rudeness, so I always just try to keep my thoughts to myself.

My goal wasn't to get caught up in the stress of the silly stuff. I am not that kind of girl...just want to have a good time with my friends who I never get to see anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)