Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help from computer savvy moms

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:00 PM
  • 3 Replies

I bought a new netbook and I have 2 things I can't figure out. First I can't get the wallpaper to change. I have windows 7 and can't find a way to do it. I have tried to go into the control pannel to find it and no luck, also I tried to right click on the picture I want and you can't do it that way either.

Next I would like to know how to install the program for a wireless printer without a cd drive. I don't have one yet but I know that they all come with a program that you have to install but I don't have a cd drive and they are like 100 dollars to buy, I really don't want to do that since I will only use it to install a printer. Anyone have any advice? 

The extent of American ignorance continues to amaze me

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
yummy_mommy89
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:03 PM

i have one but it has xp, you need a external cd drive, go on ebay they are 13$ and will arrive less than a week.

my desktop has windows 7. right click your mouse and go down to personalize you can change so many things, even make your theme pink lol

marynash88
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:04 PM

You should be able to right click the picture and click "set as desktop". If you tried that and cant find the wallpaper in control panel, then I cant really help you there.

As for the driver for the printer. If you go to the website for the make of the printer and search for the model under downloads or drivers, you can install the program from there. In fact every once in a while, I go and check to make sure there arent updated drivers to help my computer run more efficiently.

yummy_mommy89
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:04 PM

RIGHT CLICK THE REGULAR DESKTOP and it will work

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)