Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how about a question of PTSD

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:00 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ok, I was sitting here thinking back, me and my hubby are about to celebrate our five year anniversary, well in Dec of 2008 we seperated for a month, and now I am wondering if our dd is kind of suffering from PTSD because of it.. She is very attatched to both of us and has to sleep where she is touching us, and I can remember in Jan of 2009 she was about, four months old, we had spent the weekend together so he could help with her, (and we were working on things) and she spent the whole night laying in between us holding on to our shirts, and not letting us move.... do you think she actually knew what was going on?

Yes this is a serious post and I am worried....

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Trinity0820
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:50 PM

bump 

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
n03z07l08
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:53 PM

She may haver sensed the stress of the situation but I doubt she has PTSD from it since she was so young at the time! What shes going through sounds like typical seperation anxiety. Just always reassure her that mommy and daddy are there.  

punkomama08
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:56 PM

i don't think its ptsd, I think its more of an anxiety thing. Kids can sense when things arn't right. PTSD usually comes from some supremly traumatic event, like a death threat or near death experience. I have had symptoms of PTSD but was never diagnosed with it.  

mommasbabies77
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 4:35 AM
Anxiety probably.

Ptsd is something totally different although it can cause anxiety.

Poor baby:(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)