• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

VHS TAPES AND CASSETTE TAPES

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:12 PM
  • 7 Replies

Does anyone still use them?? I do. My hubby bought me a cassette player from walmart and now I can go all the way back to my high school days and listen to the music I was into back then. I think I am the only person I know that still has a VCR in every room of the house.

I found times that I had called into a radio station and dedicated a song to a boy that I had a crush on. It was I will always love you by Whitney Houston....lol I have trash bags full of cassette tapes, I do not miss miss having to wait while you rewind and FF and then you have to flip the tape over..lol Technology has come a long way. My hubby still listen s to records too.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
isra1986
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:13 PM

DH has a ton from overseas because his old truck had a cassette player.
And I have some VHS from my childhood!

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:13 PM

YES!! My DVD/VCR combo just died so I went and bought a new one. I have a TON of exercise videos and my kids have a VCR in their TV so we buy old movies from goodwill.

KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:15 PM

I still have and use our VCR's.  The Vhs tapes tend to hold up better with little hands.  I still most of my cassettes tapes as well and listen to some of them every now and then. 

babysyoungmom1
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:15 PM

No. I just put older songs to my mp3 if i want to reminisce. I do not miss my fingers being all caved in from having to sit there and ff through songs to get to the one i wanted to listen to. Though i only had a few yrs to do that and not even since i was born in '89

nemiller
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:17 PM

i don't use casettes anymore, but we have a VCR because my parents sent me a bunch of my old videos for my son.  it's stuff i just haven't found on DVD.

NadiasMommy427
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:27 PM

bump 

n03z07l08
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:29 PM

We have a vcr in our living room. I recently sold most of my vhs though because we never watched them! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)