Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you watch Secret Life tonight? Lesson to Masturbate instead of have sex.

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:40 PM
  • 73 Replies

Okay i know by making this post I'm admitting that i secretly love this show haha but I had to ask you girls this. Will you or do you teach your teenagers that it's ok to masturbate or that they should masturbate instead of having sex before they're ready. My mom had the "sex talk' with me but it wasn't very detailed and I know I want to be more open with it with my children but suggesting them to masturbate blows my mind. My dd is only 1 year old so that talk seems light years away but I'm interested to hear what your view on this is.

Edit: I wanted to add that I think masturbating is completely normal and healthy and will include that in the discussion when it is age appropriate.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RheaF
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:43 PM

I know I will be bashed for this but here goes, I am not ashamed of my beliefs.

We will talk to our children about masterbation and how we feel that any form of sexual expression should be saved for their Spouse. We will get more into it than that of course, but for space sake I cut it WAYYY down. i know plenty people who did nothing till they were married and only then it was with their DH/DW. (yes I have friends who are very open about that aspect of their lives) 

futureshock
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:47 PM

Does sex really feel that good to young teen girls that the only way to stop them from having sex is to teach them to masturbate? Do young girls even have orgasms every time they have sex?  I doubt it.

SamiJ18
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:47 PM

Quoting RheaF:

I know I will be bashed for this but here goes, I am not ashamed of my beliefs.

We will talk to our children about masterbation and how we feel that any form of sexual expression should be saved for their Spouse. We will get more into it than that of course, but for space sake I cut it WAYYY down. i know plenty people who did nothing till they were married and only then it was with their DH/DW. (yes I have friends who are very open about that aspect of their lives) 

I don't think you should be bashed for it.  Masturbation is NORMAL (*gasp* lol).  I wouldn't necessarily say sex should be saved for marriage although I would love for my child to wait but it should be saved for the one you love and do want to spend your life with. 

I'm not sure what approach I'll take with my daughter yet but I'll come up with something in 10 years I'm sure...

TygerLily62
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:49 PM

God I hate that show... the acting is soooo terrible! I can't even imagine having the "sex talk" with my kids yet, but when I do I will let them know about the "alternitives"....

marissaj125
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:50 PM

hmm well hopefully she would figure it out on her own by then.

KristaP13
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:51 PM

OMG they've been reading my cafemom replies!! LOL

I want to teach my daughter that it's ok to masterbate. I think that it should be a whole campaign!

"Instead of poking it... Stroke it!!"

"Instead of stuffing it.. Rub it!!"

LMFAO

Maybe if people masterbated more, we wouldn't have all these issues that we have with abortions, PA, blah blah blah!

pellen
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:52 PM

Lalalala can't hear you its DVRed at the moment because hubby is watching his recorded CSI.

CafeMom Tickers

I am a live off the land, hunting, fishing, meat eating, only child raising, republican, cat owning, spanking when nessesary, southern country living type of Momma!

Trinity0820
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:53 PM

actually yes. me and dh have talked about it... We are going to buy the kids (if they ask, a v or a mag) and talk to them... I would NOT have been so promiscuous as a teenager and young adult..

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
CjEmmemommy

I haven't really thought about it much.. I don't think its a bad idea though.. I don't think there is anything wrong with exploring your body... I mean part of me says you shouldn't be fantasizing that way and the other part thinks its kind of unreasonable to expect teens not to! So if that stops them from doing the deed I would totally prefer it!

IDK I guess I am going to need to get more comfortable with this kind of thing if I expect to have open communication with my kids.. Ahhh

Erica

a wedding website

trist22

no kidding! statistics show for the majority of women that it takes years to get in touch with their body.. I remember being a teen ( many moons ago lol) and SEX was more about keeping a boy you liked.. we either dangled it in front of him or if you really, really liked him experimented.. but it was more about pleasing him.. Thank god I'm an ol' lady now! ;)

Quoting futureshock:

Does sex really feel that good to young teen girls that the only way to stop them from having sex is to teach them to masturbate? Do young girls even have orgasms every time they have sex?  I doubt it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)