• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

painful facial?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:44 PM
  • 13 Replies

i had my first facial done almost 2 weeks ago, and every since then I have been dealing with white painful patches all over my face! I thought it was dry skin, but i put lotion on and with in min of putting it on i have to take it off....it burns so so bad, it brings tears to my eyes. I have tried different lotions, even oatmeal lotion unscented, and just plain ole' a and d ointment...and it still was the same way. Even water hurts. What can I do to get this to stop hurting? I will not be getting a facial again!

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amb_josh
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 9:06 AM

bump

CafeMom Tickers

mcelmo
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 9:11 AM

Don't put anything else on your face and take a benadryl pill. It is an allergic reaction. Yes I agree the burning is awful!!! I do this quite often with some soaps.

KellyOh72
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 9:12 AM

I was thinking allergic reaction as well. Poor thing. Hope it feels better. 

kk_bella
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 9:38 AM

That is bizarre, I have had so many facials and that has never happened to me.

It does not sound like a regular infection, white painful patches sounds like a yeast infection. I think you should go to the doctor.

ally1021
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 9:44 AM

Yikes, what kind of facial did you get? a Peel? This has never happened to me and i get facials at least 4 times a year. I would call the salon and let them know whats going on see what they suggest or go see a dermatologist. you could also try plain organic yogurt as a treatment...but I would leave it up to the professionals. I'm so sorry!

Quoting amb_josh:

i had my first facial done almost 2 weeks ago, and every since then I have been dealing with white painful patches all over my face! I thought it was dry skin, but i put lotion on and with in min of putting it on i have to take it off....it burns so so bad, it brings tears to my eyes. I have tried different lotions, even oatmeal lotion unscented, and just plain ole' a and d ointment...and it still was the same way. Even water hurts. What can I do to get this to stop hurting? I will not be getting a facial again!

amb_josh
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 9:54 AM

na it wasnt a peel....idk what it was..i know that sounds so stupid...

Quoting ally1021:

Yikes, what kind of facial did you get? a Peel? This has never happened to me and i get facials at least 4 times a year. I would call the salon and let them know whats going on see what they suggest or go see a dermatologist. you could also try plain organic yogurt as a treatment...but I would leave it up to the professionals. I'm so sorry!

Quoting amb_josh:

CafeMom Tickers

ktwister
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 9:57 AM

I would call the place you got it at and ask them what type you had and what is in it. Write it down.

Then make an appointment with a dermatologist and have them look at it.

amb_josh
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 10:16 AM

thanks ladies i have an appt today with the owner and her husband whom is a derm...they are going to see what happend...and let me know if its a reaction so i dont use that product again. Thank you so much ladies for helping me relize this is not a normal reaction to a facial. Oh and i asked if it was a peel and they said nope....they are seeing me free of charge and helping me figure out whats going on!

CafeMom Tickers

unknownjourney
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 10:19 AM

ok now I am nervous! My sister got me a facial and body massage for x-mas and I'm set to go in on Feb. 11. I have never had a facial before. I hope this don't happen to me. Oh and I hope you get yours resolved.

ally1021
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 2:21 PM

ohh don't worry girl! If you have super sensitive skin just let them know and stay away from enzyme facials until you know how you skin will react to a "regular" facial..have fun!

Quoting unknownjourney:

ok now I am nervous! My sister got me a facial and body massage for x-mas and I'm set to go in on Feb. 11. I have never had a facial before. I hope this don't happen to me. Oh and I hope you get yours resolved.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)