Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

left side abdominal pain in 7 year old?

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2010 at 10:00 PM
  • 7 Replies

My 7 year old has had a fever all day and just a few minutes ago was complaining of severe (enough that he was lying on the ground crying) pain in his left side of his belly.    Appendicitis would be the right side... anyone know what the left side would be?   I can take him to ER but I have to go to work in 5 hours and I'd be going on no sleep.

by on Jan. 30, 2010 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MPWifeJessicia
by on Jan. 30, 2010 at 10:08 PM

I'm not sure, but here's a bump for you! Hope he's feeling better soon!

3earthangels
by on Jan. 30, 2010 at 10:10 PM

Appendicitis pain can "travel". Meaning the pain is not always on the right side. If he's had a fever and is complaining of lower stomach pain (and has had a bowel movement in the past 24 hours) get him to a hospital.

Kiki7808
by on Jan. 30, 2010 at 10:13 PM

does he also feel like he has to throw up or has? i had something like this a few months ago and went to the ER and they told me it was a swollen lymphnote where the intestines and stomach contect... weird i know, they did have to do a CT scan to find out, but all they gave me was some pain meds and something for the fever.... hope this helps.

ColeAreeaJet
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2010 at 10:25 PM

Thanks for the help!  I gave him some dinner and put on a movie to distract him and he's doing better now.  Still has the fever and says the pain has "almost" gone away.

MPWifeJessicia
by on Jan. 30, 2010 at 10:35 PM

My son used to have this happen a couple of times a year. They sent him out to Children's Mercy and they couldn't find anything wrong. The doctor said if the pain doesn't last longer than 3 hours not to be overly concerned. I am glad to hear he is feeling a little better.

ABMommy
by on Jan. 30, 2010 at 10:37 PM

I at times had almost debilitating pain which progressed and also had fever and other symptoms over a month that resembled a typical cold/flu on and off. Turns out after a trip to the ER we found out my spleen was enlarged and almost ruptured due to Mono.

JBDsmommy08
by on Jan. 30, 2010 at 10:41 PM

Here is a link that I found for you. It's hard for me or anyone to tell you what could be going on with him. The abdominal cavitity is anatomically cut into 4 sections in medicine. There is the  Left Lower Quadrant, Left Upper Quadrant, Right Lower Quadrant and Right Upper Quadrant. You can determine where it's coming from since you can physically see him and touch him. It can help you figure out what is up with him. I hope he feels all better soon.

http://www.itzarion.com/pain-symptoms-chart.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)