Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I can't move my fingers???? Help!!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2010 at 10:20 PM
  • 23 Replies

Seriously, my left hand just froze! My fingers are curled and won't move!
Has this happened to anyone?

by on Jan. 30, 2010 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kaybean
by Kayleen on Jan. 30, 2010 at 10:24 PM

That's odd. Did you pull a muscle or pinch a nerve?

TTC a GIRL? Want a GIRL in the future?
Join this group!!! We share tips and
methods for conceiving that baby girl!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/22322

ilovemyson2002
by mom of 2 boys on Jan. 30, 2010 at 10:26 PM

did it falll alseep lol

aridattebayo
by on Jan. 30, 2010 at 10:26 PM

Sometimes it happens to me if I keep them in the same position for long times, then you get this pins and needles feeling - its when your hand/arm/foot/leg "falls asleep".

I also get numbness in my hands and feet but that's directly related to having fibromyalgia.

Sorry im not much help but that was the first thing I could think of, Hope it gets better soon!

It's my world, you're in it, it'll take you down in a minute!

isra1986
by on Jan. 30, 2010 at 10:26 PM

I don't think so.

Quoting Kaybean:

That's odd. Did you pull a muscle or pinch a nerve?

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2010 at 10:26 PM

I am not sure, but I would DEFINITLY call your doctor. Thats not normal.  Is it all your fingers or just 1 or 2?  My dad had one of his fingers sort of lock in place and he could no longer bend it. His doc said he had 'trigger finger' and basically his tendon in his finger had gotten stuck on something in there and the doc cut it, did something and sewed it up.  Dad's finger is not stuck anymore but it doesn't have full mobility anymore either. 

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is also a government big enough to take from you all that you have." - Gerald Ford

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety  deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.  We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream.  It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."  - Ronald Reagan

allycally
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2010 at 10:26 PM

Weird- I have no idea what would cause that

mommyziegler
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2010 at 10:27 PM

that has never happened to me but i think you might want to call your doctor because that can be a sign of something serious i think..

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               its a boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Baby boy due June 2, 2010

junebug624
by on Jan. 30, 2010 at 10:27 PM

Have you been on the computer for awhile tonite?  That could happen if your arms/wrists have been in one position for awhile.  Rub your hand/fingers on your leg to warm them up and then keep your hand straight down by your side til the feeling comes back. 

I'm a vaxing, circing, disposable diaper using, bf switched to ff, CIO sometimes, pushed 1hr before a c-section (and don't regret it), college graduate, loving my son, can't wait to have another baby, trust your own judgement, kind of mom.

isra1986
by on Jan. 30, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Lol, no. I know what it feels like. There is no pins and needles, just curled up fingers not moving.

Quoting ilovemyson2002:

did it falll alseep lol

MomTo2Boys2526
by on Jan. 30, 2010 at 10:29 PM

weird..does anything else feel odd?

I'd go to the hospital! Or at least call the doctor

air force

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)