Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

The song my husband chose for his dad's funeral. (we cried like babies)

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2010 at 9:28 PM
  • 38 Replies

My fil, Benny passed away Friday morning 1/29/10. His funeral was Sunday. I wanted to add it to my playlist, but I was searching the wrong title.

This is some of what was written about him in his obituary.His obituary is listed online.

Bennie delivered fruits and vegetables to friends and neighbors and was always trying to put the needs of others ahead of his own. He was truly a Good Samaritan and will be missed by all who loved and knew him. Survivors include:

In Loving Memory of my fil, Benny.

by on Feb. 2, 2010 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ArmyWifey4907
by on Feb. 2, 2010 at 9:29 PM

It's a good song...It makes me tear up every time I hear it.

pregnancy due date

supermom3806
by on Feb. 2, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Alright so I should have known from your title that it wasnt the best idea to open this but I did && now I'm crying.

My dad died Feb. 4, 2009 && I picked all the songs at his funeral.

I did:

Only The Good Die Young by Billy Joel

There You'll Be by Faith Hill

Butterfly Kisses Daddy's Little Girl by Faith Hill ft. Jeff Carson

Daddy's Hands by The Judds

Hero by Mariah Carey

In My Daughters Eyes by Martina Mcbride

Holes in The Floor of Heaven by Randy Travis

Now I had more but they wanst not very good for a funeral I just made a CD of all his favorite songs for all my family memebers. Plus I also wrote a letter to my daddy && read it at funeral.

Laura4807
by on Feb. 2, 2010 at 9:41 PM

awww, I'm sorry for your familys loss.

CeeGee81
by on Feb. 2, 2010 at 9:45 PM

im sorry

night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Feb. 2, 2010 at 9:46 PM

All I keep thinking is, we're going to miss him so much.  I can be honest in saying he spoke to me far more than my own dad has. Only because my dad is quiet and n ot a talker. My fil on the other hand was a fun character to be around. Always telling jokes and helping people. He sold fruit out of the back of his truck. He did charities and took fruit and veggies to the council on aging. He never met a stranger. He lived a hard life, always struggling. But he loved with his whole being. I'm gonna miss sitting out in the swing talking to him, drinking coffee and laughing about things. We've had some really good times. He was there to help in anyway he could after my parents house burned down 3 year ago today.

pearlmom
by on Feb. 2, 2010 at 9:46 PM

im sorry

camsmommy2009
by on Feb. 2, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Beautiful song! When my grandfather died, we chose "Daddy's Hands" for his funeral as well as some hymnal songs and what not. But that is one song I will never forget. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Feb. 2, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Yes, I've always like the song, Daddy's Hands. There were other hymnal songs, plus Amazing Grace. I had never listened to this song before the funeral. My husband did good in  choosing it on his own.

Quoting camsmommy2009:

Beautiful song! When my grandfather died, we chose "Daddy's Hands" for his funeral as well as some hymnal songs and what not. But that is one song I will never forget. 

boyx3
by on Feb. 2, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Sorry for your loss Paula.

KRIZZ25
by on Feb. 2, 2010 at 9:55 PM

we just lost my granny 1 29 2010.. i did the CD,DVD and pallbearer..its a hard thing to do .hope it don't hurt like this forever .!!crying

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN