Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

When did your kids learn eyes, ears, nose, mouth?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2010 at 12:37 AM
  • 18 Replies

I'm just wondering the "normal" age for that kind of thing. Owen is 17 months and knows eyes, ears, nose, mouth, hair, and belly. He can do it on himself and other people, like  I ask him where is daddy's eye and he will poke dad's eye... stuff like that.

And he understands when I ask him a question. Today he started going upsatirs and I asked him if he was going to his room to take a nap, he said yeah. Then I asked if he wanted me to bring his cup up for him, He said "yeah, cup". When I got up there he got in his bed, took his cup and asked me to turn on his Elmo movie (point to the tv and say "melmo?")

I'm wondering if he is ahead or behind or right on track with his talking and understanding what people say.

by on Feb. 8, 2010 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngelicaRenee
by on Feb. 8, 2010 at 12:39 AM

My son was doing all that at that age. He was doing those wood puzzles (melissa and doug) when he was only 15 months old.

mrs.phillips123
by on Feb. 8, 2010 at 12:39 AM

my son was around a year when he learned those things, maybe a little younger im not positive.

sounds like hes on the normal track  

Wife to Matt and Momma to Latham James 2 in February, and another on the way due July 22nd!

OwensMama824
by on Feb. 8, 2010 at 12:45 AM

I forgot a part. Sometimes he will walk up to me, shove his finger in my nose (eww) and say NOSE! and clap for himself (same with eye ear and mouth, he knows better than to yank on my hair so that's the only one he doesn't do)

EtiesMommy
by on Feb. 8, 2010 at 12:45 AM

Ethan was about 10 months when he started pointing to them on himself. He was a little over a year when he could on others. He started responding to questions around like 13-15 months. But I also always narrated what we were doing all the time from birth. He started talking in 2-4 word sentances around 18months or so.

It seems to me that Owen is on track. Ethan was a little early with a lot of things.

MrsApple
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2010 at 12:46 AM

He sounds right on parr.My daughter knew her body parts by 15 months (had to look in the baby book to remember,lol) 

begamom
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2010 at 12:48 AM

probably around a year for basic body parts...but he couldn't say them :(

CjEmmemommy
by on Feb. 8, 2010 at 12:49 AM

My Emme is just about to turn 19 months and learned all that this last month.. Well saying them, she could point to most of that at 15 months.

She has been following "commands" since about 14 months...

I love this age:-)!!

My son on the older hand didn't say much of anything until close to 2 years old and then just copied everything till he was just over 2.5.. He could do sign language. point to body parts and did say a few things on his own but never really cared to talk till he was close to 3!

Erica

a wedding website

MamaTasha08
by on Feb. 8, 2010 at 12:50 AM

Sounds normal to me.  My son could do those things around that age.  (Except he called Elmo, 'Mo. LOL)

He didn't talk a lot until around the time he turned 2 (last month).  Since then it seems like he learns a new word every day and has started using sentences.

AlyssaRob1416

Addisyn is 16 months (13 months adjusted) and is learning them. She can't say it, but she is nonverbal at this point.

jessigarrett

MY GIRLS WERE DOING THAT BEFORE A YEAR BUT I HAD THEM WATCHING THE YOUR BABY CAN READ VIDEOS THEY CANT READ LOL BUT IT HELPED THEM LEARN OTHER STUFF SO WORTH THE INVESTMENT

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)