Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Pimples? On a one year old?

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 3:24 PM
  • 17 Replies

My son woke up this morning with something that looks like a small pimple on his face. Hes 19 months old. What could it be? Should I call the doctor?

by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
n03z07l08
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 3:31 PM

Bump

n03z07l08
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 3:39 PM

Nobody has any clue what the heck this thing is?

aviatorswife
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 3:43 PM

If it truly looks like I pimple I say it could be one. My son was so sensitive to every thing that would touch his face. Around 1 years old was when his breakouts got worse cause the foods he would eat would irritate his face. We learned of a few allergies that way. I would keep an eye on it and if it gets worse then take him in, but it's probably just a pimple. Where is it at?

The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.

n03z07l08
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 3:51 PM

On his cheek,kinda by his eye. I just didn't know a little one could get a pimple. Its only the one though so its obviously not a rash-I was just thrown off lol.

Quoting aviatorswife:

If it truly looks like I pimple I say it could be one. My son was so sensitive to every thing that would touch his face. Around 1 years old was when his breakouts got worse cause the foods he would eat would irritate his face. We learned of a few allergies that way. I would keep an eye on it and if it gets worse then take him in, but it's probably just a pimple. Where is it at?

aviatorswife
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 6:32 PM

I also wanted to mention something I forgot. I remember my sons pedi telling me that around 12-18 months babies start developing sweat glands. So, pimples and other skin issues will start presenting themselves around that time. I wouldn't worry much yet, just keep an eye on it though.

Quoting n03z07l08:

On his cheek,kinda by his eye. I just didn't know a little one could get a pimple. Its only the one though so its obviously not a rash-I was just thrown off lol.

Quoting aviatorswife:

The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.

Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2010 at 6:34 PM

I could be chicken pox.. That's how it started with my youngest dd.

n03z07l08
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 6:37 PM

I have no clue how he could have gotten chicken pox!! Its still only the one though-its been all day,so im assuming its not that.

If it makes a difference he has a slight fever,runny nose and is teething so IDK.

Quoting Mazie0723:

I could be chicken pox.. That's how it started with my youngest dd.

tams_64
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 6:39 PM

sometimes those can be boils be carful dont pop it. watch it make sure it doesnt get hard around. put neosporine on it.

aburgeons
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 6:50 PM

pretty sure her dont got BOILS duh

Quoting tams_64:

sometimes those can be boils be carful dont pop it. watch it make sure it doesnt get hard around. put neosporine on it.

zionsmom1
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 6:58 PM

My 18 month old had something like that on his cheek, I was sure it was a pimple because it looked like it had a head and there was only one. I didn't call the doctor because he was due for his 18 month check up anyways and it ended up not being a pimple. I can't spell what it was but she had to prescribe a cream I had to put on it so that it would not get infected or spread at all. Its gone now though. Can you post a pic?? I could then see if it looks like my son's did.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)