Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is it not ok

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:20 AM
  • 20 Replies

To call anyone out on anything (not specifically of course) but as in "I saw a few posts yesterday that I didn't agree with" or some women on Cm or whatever... but it's totally ok to bash personally in replies and use awful names and judgement?

honestly just wondering...... am I wrong in thinking both should be accepted or neither?

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Well not sure, I think that it is in those uncensored groups.

MeandB
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:23 AM

hahaha, I get bashed enough... No way I am going to one of "those" groups!

Quoting night.magic:

Well not sure, I think that it is in those uncensored groups.

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:25 AM

It's all a matter of perspective "calling out" and "bashing" are the same things to a lot of people.

myfoursonsks
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:26 AM

I think they should let people go back and forth to an extent so there is some resolution (sometimes) to the disagreement.  But, I don't think entire posts should be dedicated to calling someone out in the main groups. 

PhotoMama88
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:27 AM

Quoting myfoursonsks:

I think they should let people go back and forth to an extent so there is some resolution (sometimes) to the disagreement.  But, I don't think entire posts should be dedicated to calling someone out in the main groups. 

anetrnlov
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:28 AM

Just because people bash doesn't mean it is okay...if you see it and you report it Cafemom will remove the comment, delete the post or lock it as the see appropriate.

What do you mean by bashing?  One thing I have learned on Cafemom is that many people think that someone is bashing them because they do not share the same opinion.

As for the mention of things seen on Cafemom...there would NEVER be discussions of Cafemom if we could only discuss things EVERYONE agreed with.  Life isn't all sunshine and roses.  Lots of people will say how they never knew there was a debate about vaxing v not until they got on Cafemom.  It generated their interest so they started another post about it....which is how discussions and debates start....same with any topic.

Kaylee0823
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:28 AM

i may be totaly stupid but i have no idea what you just said in your post ....

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy%20ticker

myfoursonsks
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:29 AM

Hey, you changed your avi.  Just commenting... I know you are aware...lol.

Quoting anetrnlov:

Just because people bash doesn't mean it is okay...if you see it and you report it Cafemom will remove the comment, delete the post or lock it as the see appropriate.

What do you mean by bashing?  One thing I have learned on Cafemom is that many people think that someone is bashing them because they do not share the same opinion.

As for the mention of things seen on Cafemom...there would NEVER be discussions of Cafemom if we could only discuss things EVERYONE agreed with.  Life isn't all sunshine and roses.  Lots of people will say how they never knew there was a debate about vaxing v not until they got on Cafemom.  It generated their interest so they started another post about it....which is how discussions and debates start....same with any topic.

Sarahb21
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:30 AM

I don't agree with the name calling to any degree. There is no reason to call names. If you have a valid point or an educated response there is no reason to call anyone a name. It's a very childish and makes you look uneducated in my opinion. My Fiance and I have this thing we both agree on. We can say something like "you're being a bitch" or "you're being an asshole' we don't see it as calling them a bitch, but telling them they are acting like one. So a lot of times I may say "you're being stubborn, judgemental or whatever" But I don't really think that person is, they maybe are just having a moment, or the way they are talking is making them sound that way. If that makes any sense....

and you know, that has nothing to do with your post. I must have gotten into a 1 1/2 drink ramble. Sorry! hahaha

ILive4This
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:30 AM

When you start a thread, and say something judgemental, you  get replies...and chances are, that you WILL get bashed.  I'm sure we all get that.  As a matter of fact....that's why a lot of people start threads saying something judgemental, or controversial....bc they want all the drama.  I'm pretty sure they didn't start the thread, so they would receive NO replies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)