Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

no more harry connick (sp) jr for this household.

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:28 AM
  • 9 Replies

For those who don't know who he is . He was/is an actor and he also sings.   I had lullaby station for Internet radio on and one of his songs came on.   DD says to me , Change the song, this one makes me angry .  LOL  Has this happened to anyone else?  She is almost for (next month) and it has been the most articulate about how she feels about something.  To my knowledge she hasn't heard the song before nor the singer.  It was out of the blue.  The next song she told me made her feel happy.

rolling on floor

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:29 AM

Why did it make her angry? lol

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:31 AM

Quoting night.magic:

Why did it make her angry? lol

Heck if i know.  She wont or isnt able to tell me why.  I didnt realize his music could evoke such strong emotion.  My dad thinks that she may have heard the song during a time she was upset in the past?

Shadows00
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:17 AM

awww i love jas....shes so cute!!

HeatherMae55
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:20 AM

lol!  My little man dosn't like to hear songs that he thinks are sad, so I'm always changing the station..  :)

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:20 AM

Quoting Shadows00:

guess who her bed partner for the week is. *wink*.

Littles1921
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:26 AM

My kids LOVE Harry Connick Jr.!!  They recognize his voice from a Christmas special that ran a year ago.  I can't remember the name of the show..... but, I think the elf's name was Yubbie.  (They even nicknamed their baby cousin , Aubrey, "Aubbie"  because she reminded them of that silly elf!)  LOL!!

Shadows00
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:27 AM

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting Shadows00:

guess who her bed partner for the week is. *wink*.

awwww!! that makes me all warm and fuzzy. im so glad she still loves it.

duets
by Countess on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:06 AM

Funny story about Harry Connick Jr.~

My DH's first son (from a previous marriage) was/is friends with HCJr.  When they both were little, DH's son was playing rough (boy's will be boys) & accidently broke HC's nose, oops.  DH had to pay to have his nose fixed. 

These 2 are still friends today & they still laugh about it.  BTW, I love his music.  That's odd about your DD being angry over one of his songs. I'd be interested to know which song it was.  Good luck!  

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:51 AM

Quoting duets:

Funny story about Harry Connick Jr.~

My DH's first son (from a previous marriage) was/is friends with HCJr.  When they both were little, DH's son was playing rough (boy's will be boys) & accidently broke HC's nose, oops.  DH had to pay to have his nose fixed. 

These 2 are still friends today & they still laugh about it.  BTW, I love his music.  That's odd about your DD being angry over one of his songs. I'd be interested to know which song it was.  Good luck!  

That is a funny story.   i dont mind his music either so i dont know where she came up with that.  If it happens again with the song, i will try to remember to update post.   I was just wondering if anyone elses child had that type of reaction to any music.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)