Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clean to me means...

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:31 AM
  • 48 Replies

Poll

Question: Clean to me is...

Options:

when I can eat off the floor and everything is in a specified place. My place could be "white gloved" and they'd find nothing

sanitized and generally clean, but with some clutter and toys strewn about.!

kinda clean...most messes are wiped up and the kids' toys are everywhere all the time

clean? What's clean?

Other ('cause I know that I just covered a few basic choices)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 111

View Results

I'm just wondering what your standards of clean are because I'm curious and nosey like that, LOL!  I grew up with my dad in the military and my mom a certifiable neat freak...even messy in our house wasn't really even messy, haha!  I used to hate it, but now that I have kids of my own, I'm freaking anal about cleanliness!  I have my days, though, where I just don't feel like folding laundry or unloading the dishwasher or I look at the toys everywhere at the end of the day, sigh, and go retreat to CafeMom and worry about them in the morning :)

ETA:  I was inspired to create this because of the pics of the house someone wanted to call CPS on.  I've seen some houses that looked like that and the people living there didn't seem to notice or mind!

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amybelle
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:33 AM

ha just waiting for the fight to start...............LOL

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:33 AM

Clean is the white glove for me... but my house is usually "acceptable" which is your second option. :)

night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:33 AM

I'm happy with choice #2. I don't get all OCD or anal over things. But I sure wish my house was self cleaning. ya know.

lvnmylif
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:34 AM

I can't answer.  Clean to me means that everything is in it's place.  All the dishes are done.  All laundry is done and put away.  The only things on the floor are a few toys in the play room.  I don't ever sanitize anything in my home.  I have a personal aversion to bleach.

night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:34 AM

clean to me is when the house smells good

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Wouldn't that be amazing?!  I've often wondered about investing in one of those Roomba (?) vacuums...at least it would clean up the squished goldfish crackers for me!

Quoting night.magic:

I'm happy with choice #2. I don't get all OCD or anal over things. But I sure wish my house was self cleaning. ya know.

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:44 AM

Ick, I agree!  I use vinegar...I hate the smell, but it dissipates quickly...

Quoting lvnmylif:

I can't answer.  Clean to me means that everything is in it's place.  All the dishes are done.  All laundry is done and put away.  The only things on the floor are a few toys in the play room.  I don't ever sanitize anything in my home.  I have a personal aversion to bleach.

lesliemck86
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:45 AM

Clean to me is no clutter, even if you haven't sanitzed the place yet....

mrs.ramirez
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:46 AM

I'm in between option 1 and 2.

Although not always like this...anything besides #1 drives me nuts but I have learned to deal with #2 and much much worse with 4 children and a husband lol.

darcyk10
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:47 AM

get out your white glove. We cant stand clutter or dirt anywhere. Our daughter can of course drag out whatever toys she wants but at night we all put them away where they belong and vacuum etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)