Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sooo Nervous! Im 31wks and my dr wants to deliever....

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:31 AM
  • 12 Replies

Long story short this is my 2sd pregnancy that I have went to full term(well dd was born at 34wks and im 31wks I have had 4 miscarriages) well with my dd i was delivered bc of preeclampsia well it has come back my pregnancy now.... Im really worried. I had just a normal check up today and my blood pressure was high which i knew it was bc i only swell when my bp is up well my dr is doing labs etc on me and then she sends me to l&d for a sono to check fluid. Well then i get sent back down to her and she says she wants to see me every Monday and Friday till I have my baby and if my bp isnt down by next  Monday(not this coming) then she is gonna deliver me. Im so worried! She put me on strict bed rest and my daughter will be 2 feb 28th (next Sunday) how do i do strict bed rest when my entire family works during the day and I have no one to help me with her? Dh is at AIT and I have no help now...... should i just not do my bed rest(she said im only allowed out of bed/couch to pee and eat) so how do i not chase or play with my daughter or change her diaper or take her back and forth every 30mins to go potty(were potty training) or when she wants a cuppie(cup) every 20mins or when she is hungry? I mean the list goes on and on!

I need advice and some reassurance!

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hautemama83
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:34 AM

Do you not have ANYONE that can come and stay few at least a few hours during the day with you? BR is very important, and really you should try to take it easy as much as possible. Also since they are considering an early delivery, you may want to ask your OB about steroids to help develop the baby's lungs. Do they have you doing NST as well?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
---Umberto Eco

AlyssaMommy2008
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:38 AM

Whats NST? And every one works... my sister gets out of school at 2pm so she is gonna come over then since I live right across the street from the school and she will stay with me and just walk over to school in the mornings but my entire family works days!

skitmom
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:42 AM

First off Big hugs to ya I have been there but with 2 kids running around.Some ideas to help would  be, movies she likes and educational ones.try puzzles and lil games that you can do with her that you don't have to get up. As for potty training, its not the greatest thing to have to do but bring the potty chair by you and just empty it when you got to the bathroom.Changing diapers, have her climb up on the couch and keep a stack of them by the couch so you don't have to move so much.Try having cereal bars and what not that are easy to work with and you can keep a stash of them by you.I know it is hard to do not being able to run with her but every week you can hold it off the better.

Also make sure you are drinking your water to help keep the BP down and breathe. Remember you aren't totally alone.I know what you are going through and it is very hard. you can do it though and if you ever need to vent to someone or need ideas msg me I am on or checking msgs often.hope this helps atleast alittle bit.

PhotoMama88

I was in your situation with my 2nd son too. I started dilating at 26 weeks to 1cm, and was on strict bedrest, but I couldnt do it ALL day bc I had my other son who was 2 at the tme. I actually made it to 37 weeks :) But, when hubbs was home I did stay in bed all day. good luck hun!! Everything will be fine.

hautemama83

NST is stress testing that they do to monitor the baby's heart rate and also check the amount of amniotic fluid you have. They did it for me twice a week every week until I delivered because of high BP.

Quoting AlyssaMommy2008:

Whats NST? And every one works... my sister gets out of school at 2pm so she is gonna come over then since I live right across the street from the school and she will stay with me and just walk over to school in the mornings but my entire family works days!

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
---Umberto Eco

PhotoMama88
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:43 AM

My oldest was born at 31 weeks, so if you wanna chat PM me :) 

TwinDaze
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:43 AM

NST = Non Stress Test

Most women get them at some point during their pregnancy.  Some high-risk momma's do them more frequently.

TwinDaze
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:44 AM

You beat me to the answer.  My computer is slow right now.

Quoting hautemama83:

NST is stress testing that they do to monitor the baby's heart rate and also check the amount of amniotic fluid you have. They did it for me twice a week every week until I delivered because of high BP.

Quoting AlyssaMommy2008:

AlyssaMommy2008
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:47 AM

she said today everytime that i come in she will be sending me to lnd to have a stress test done

i went today and layed down for an hr

they did my bp for an hr then monitored the heart and movement and did a sonogram to check fluid

Quoting hautemama83:

Quoting AlyssaMommy2008:

AryssasMommy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:49 AM

Have you tried to contact your FRG leader to get some help. That is what they are there for instances just like this to "support" family while the guys are gone even for training. I didn't have kids when my hubby was in the military but I do know there was several that had small kids or pregnant when they guys were gone and everyone pitched in to help those when they needed it. Just an idea.

I hope it all works out for you. I can't even imagine having to be on bed rest with a toddler.  I am sure you are doing the best you can. ***hugs***hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)