Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pierced belly button question

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:35 AM
  • 21 Replies

How long do you have to wait till you can take out the original jewlery and put in a different one?

and how do you know its healed ?

I got mine done on Valentines day ( so im sure i cant change it yet lol ) but i dont know how fast its healing because it didnt hurt when i got it done and it hasnt hurt at all since....even caught my jeans on it earlier today and couldnt feel it lol

Personal power is the life force within everyone. It is the use of our inner energy to influence the quality of life for ourselves and for our children. Personal power is not our physical strength, but rather the drive to accomplish things, the will to love, the energy and commitment to create, to change, to build and to raise healthy, caring children.

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christin_610
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:36 AM

idk but i'm curious too because i want to get mine done soon, so here is a bump for ya :)

Mommynwife26
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:36 AM

I think it was like 2 weeks or something like that when your twist it theres nothing on the bar but i haven't had mine done in 3 years or so....

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:37 AM

they told me 6-9 months. I didn't listen and this creepy stuff started growing on it. lol Anywho after I got rid of the gook, I put the first one in and waited. Some people dont wait and have no issues.

NuMommy87
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:37 AM

You should wait from 3- 6 months depending on how you heal.  You'll know its healed when you can move it up and down and upside down.  If that makes sense.  had mine since I was 18.

PhotoMama88
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:38 AM

it takes 4-6 weeks. All depends on your body, and how well you care for it. Even if it doesnt hurt, dont change it until 6 weeks bc it can get infected. Happend to my friend, not a pretty sight! Its better to wait, then to regret it lol

NavyWifey122305
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:39 AM

im always twisting it and pushing it up and down LOL I have a little bit of crustyness that comes off in the morning....( im talking VERY little) so maybe its almost done healing already !

Quoting Mommynwife26:

I think it was like 2 weeks or something like that when your twist it theres nothing on the bar but i haven't had mine done in 3 years or so....

Personal power is the life force within everyone. It is the use of our inner energy to influence the quality of life for ourselves and for our children. Personal power is not our physical strength, but rather the drive to accomplish things, the will to love, the energy and commitment to create, to change, to build and to raise healthy, caring children.

NavyWifey122305
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:41 AM

well my b-day is in July.... guess I will wait till then so i can buy me a pretty new belly button ring for my b day

NuMommy87
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:42 AM

Not yet, when you're healed you shouldn't have any crust or puss (I know tmi lol).  You have to think of not just the outside healing but the inside.  That's what takes awhile to heal.  Mine took over 10 months to heal completely.  

Quoting NavyWifey122305:

im always twisting it and pushing it up and down LOL I have a little bit of crustyness that comes off in the morning....( im talking VERY little) so maybe its almost done healing already !

Quoting Mommynwife26:

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:42 AM

6 weeks for most people. Make sure to rinse with saline daily, they can get infected very easily.

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:43 AM

I've heard the 3-6 months... but I've changed mine with in 6 weeks... just gotta make sure you sterialize VERY well... paroxide is good, just let it soak for a few.

OH, I would strongly NOT recomend sea salt... they say to use it, but sometimes it can feed infection.... I always put some paroxide in the cap of the container, bend over and put it over the piercing and swish it around... it can get messy though if not carful, lol.... AND, when in the shower, make sure to use anti bac soap, non sented.

Always make sure to rotate the jewelry while healing, if not, it can heal around it and get "stuck" just make sure you are moving it a few times through the day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)