Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sore throat

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:37 AM
  • 8 Replies

anyone got any ideas on how to soothe it..its deep or something because when i swallow i feel the pain in my throat and ear...i have tired Sucrets Complete cough drops...but they only seem to be numbing my tongue and not my throat. I never really get sick, but when i do get sick, i get hit hard.....(any my mommy isnt here to take care of me)

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KT9105
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:43 AM

My mom always made us gargle with warm salt water.  Horrible taste, but I'll be damned if it didn't work.  I think we had to gargle about once every few hours.

Bekah062205
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:46 AM

my mom had us do that too...i always ended up swallowing a bit and throwing up..yuck....lol

Quoting KT9105:

My mom always made us gargle with warm salt water.  Horrible taste, but I'll be damned if it didn't work.  I think we had to gargle about once every few hours.

lesliemck86
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:47 AM

Whoa...me too. I never get sick, and my ears are hurting. I am currently drinking a hot toddy, because I have tried other medications today that aren't really doing it for me. Im wanting to see if THIS works.

Oh so far it helping my cough, its really annoying cause I been coughing all day.

KandiceN
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:49 AM

Try drinking something as hot as you can stand, doesn't matter what, but lemon/honey water works wonders.  Just drink it hot, it really sooths the throat and helps a lot.

Oh and this is just weird, cause not even an hour ago I started getting a sore throat and my ears feel funny :\  Did we catch some cafemom bug LOL

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - (Cibd)

KT9105
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:51 AM

Chloraseptic (sp) spray works well too.  It's just going to numb your throat, but you'll be able to get all the fluids you need without the pain.

1busymomma03
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Cafemom bug... LOL. You probably caught it from me. I had that starting last week..then mine turned into a nasty cough that I can't get rid of. I'm having a terrible time breathing..but I have asthma, so that makes things worse. But my ears are still bothering me..kind of tickling all the way into my throat..if that makes sense.

Quoting KandiceN:

Try drinking something as hot as you can stand, doesn't matter what, but lemon/honey water works wonders.  Just drink it hot, it really sooths the throat and helps a lot.

Oh and this is just weird, cause not even an hour ago I started getting a sore throat and my ears feel funny :\  Did we catch some cafemom bug LOL

HeatherMae55
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:53 AM

Try mixing lemon juice & honey and drinking that if the saltwater does't help. 

I just got over this type of thing - I woke up about a week ago and I swear a litter of kittens attacked my throat while I slept.. My sinuses were acting up really bad too, I bought the Sudafed sinus and took it every 4 hrs and I'm feeling sooo much better.

NavyWifey122305
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:55 AM

my mom made us swallow a tablespoon of maple syrup.... that stuff coats ANYTHING lol

Personal power is the life force within everyone. It is the use of our inner energy to influence the quality of life for ourselves and for our children. Personal power is not our physical strength, but rather the drive to accomplish things, the will to love, the energy and commitment to create, to change, to build and to raise healthy, caring children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)