Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nipple rings

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:54 AM
  • 12 Replies

I had a question about nipple rings... I've had both of mine done for almost a year (a few months till) and I'm still getting crustys... They seem healed, don't hurt, I've changed them... no puss... but I still get the crustys! I don't really know the healing time on them, but I figured I'd be past the crusty stage by now.

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christin_610
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:55 AM

idk about this but here is a bump because i'm curious :)

Zawifey
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:55 AM

when i got mine done i was told they can take up to a year or more to heal compleatly, maybe they just arent compleatly healed. It doesnt sound like theres anything too wrong with them though!

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:58 AM

I had mine done by a trusted friend... I was drunk that night too, so if he told me anything, I don't remember, lol... I guess I could look it up too. ... Haven't really given it much thought, but I'd kinda like to know why.

JPORTER2208
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:05 AM

I've had mine done for about 6 months and I have the same thing.  The piercer did say a year or longer to heal tho :)

NewJoyOn1308
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:08 AM

I thought I wanted nipple rings, but I'm not sure if I should since I have a baby now!

Phiasmom0
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:13 AM

As a person who did thisand has had mine pierced twice here are a couple of questions.  what are u using to clean with?  What do you have in?  Have they migrated any?  Are you wearing something so your clothing is not rubbing on them causig irritation?  I would go back there or another place and have them checked.  If there is any crust you should still be using the sea salt solution.  to clean with as well as the soap which you will use aas long as you have the piercings. JMO

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:31 PM

Quoting Phiasmom0:

As a person who did thisand has had mine pierced twice here are a couple of questions.  what are u using to clean with?  What do you have in?  Have they migrated any?  Are you wearing something so your clothing is not rubbing on them causig irritation?  I would go back there or another place and have them checked.  If there is any crust you should still be using the sea salt solution.  to clean with as well as the soap which you will use aas long as you have the piercings. JMO

My body dosn't react to sea salt very well for some reason. I use paroxide... and when it was new (for a few months) I used anti bac soap in the shower at least once a day.

They are pierced up and down and I have barbells in them.

tairakittie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:37 PM

I had mine for 3 years and had crustys the whole time. I took them out when I was preggo with DS. I think its because your nipples always leak fluids, even after the peircing heals.

I will say that I dont miss them. They were always more of a pain than anything and me and SO got our nipple rings caught the first time we tried to have sex... not cool!!! LMAO

25beengoodtome
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Jeesh, I thought BFF was tough on nipples!

mama_l
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Do NOT use peroxide.  Peroxide kills what is needed to make them heal correctly.

ETA:  Hydrogen Peroxide - Hydrogen peroxide kills bacteria, but it also kills the white blood cells attempting to heal your piercing. It can cause irritation and lengthen overall healing time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)