Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am not naming my kid after a dog

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:43 AM
  • 28 Replies

Poll

Question: Should I name the baby Sadie?

Options:

yes

no

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 38

View Results

Okay so lets see.... We have been settled on the name Sadie for a while now and I am 32 weeks and I was so happy that we had a name.  Well as I watch the dog championship the dog that won name was Sadie and I have had 2 folks tell me it sounds like a dogs name.... I am devastated.  I talked with my hubby and he is set on this name.... I DONT WANT TO NAME BY B ABY GIRL AFTER A DAMN DOG!!!!! I need some advice.. any1 up for it?embarrassed

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JPORTER2208
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:45 AM

lol my female Saint Bernard's name is Sadie...but you could think of it this way...the dogs are named after a human?

airforewifenmom
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:45 AM

lol I have heard of dogs with all kinds of ppl names. Sadie is a pretty name..........F everyone else! lol

ponceswife
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:46 AM

not if u dont want to

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:47 AM

I voted Yes.  If you like the name than use it.  Unless your intentions were to name her after a dog even if the dog had the name doesnt mean she's named after that.  My 11 year old dd's name is the same name as dh's x g/f. She had nothing to do with my choice in name i just liked the name.  my younger dd I heard it in a song and fell in love with the name. 

MamaTasha08
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:47 AM

If you like that name, got for it.

My name is Tasha and I've met A LOT of people with dogs named Tasha.  It's a little annoying, but I know I wasn't named after I dog.  (My name is actually Natasha and it means "Child of Christmas" because I was born the day after Christmas.)

MiSs.SmOkEy
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:48 AM

I'm naming our daughter Harley and their are like millions of pit bulls named Harley and they are boys to make it even worse. But I don't care.

Aden Jacob (4-20-2008)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Cookie-kisses
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:48 AM

that is my dogs name too!1 But I think it is fine for a baby too!

Quoting JPORTER2208:

lol my female Saint Bernard's name is Sadie...but you could think of it this way...the dogs are named after a human?

Madison                       Makaylyn             Jordan

ahyesme
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:48 AM

I had a dog named sadie .. but I also had a dog named tiffany and a dog named rachel .. and a cat named kirk and one named james .. so perhaps no matter what you name your child there will be an animal with the same name .. if you like the name use it just don't name your dog that too!

Oceana09
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:49 AM

Did it occur to you that the dog was named after a human?

allycally
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:49 AM

If you lik ethe name go for it,,I know a dog named Sadie too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)