Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My bf hates everything that I like!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:40 AM
  • 8 Replies

He hates everything that I like to watch on TV. I gets so annoying. I mean I understand that we are different people with different tastes. It seems like he doesn't though. I will FINALLY want to watch something on TV and all he does is complain and make fun of it the whole time it's on to the point where I will not even want to watch it anymore. It's not reality shows either.. I used to watch a few reality shows and he would try to start and I would snap because I was so into it and it wasn't a rerun and I wanted to hear it.. then he would actually watch them and shut up. My main thing is I LOVE Forensic Files, Investigators... stuff like that for the most part. He will sit here saying things like "this sucks so bad" I can't believe anyone actually likes this" "who cares about a murder that happened 20 years ago?" I also like I Love Lucy and I can't even get into it with him around. Am I the only one that goes through this?? He has control of the TV 95% of the time when the kids are asleep. I don't complain at all about what he watches. I just get on here if I am not into it. Maybe I should start doing the same thing to him and see how he likes it. Uhh..

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
CherBearCM
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:43 AM

Hehe you actually sound like my mom... she complains about this with my dad... she's decided to transform one of her spare rooms into a TV room for herself cause he'd never bother her in there. 

mama2conor
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:45 AM

Mine can get like that once in awhile, but he's not too bad. We actually like watching the same type of shows mostly. What pisses me off is when he wants to get analytical about everything. I used to love watching Ghost Hunters but he's ruined it for me cause he can't shut the eff up about it and just let me enjoy it w/out his freaking color commentary.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:45 AM

We have a compromise..... He watches some of his shows that arent my favorite and i watch some of my shows that he doesnt like .  DD has her share of shows neither of us like but it keeps her entertained so we watch those with her as well.  I would tell your bf it is rude to comment during a show and if he doesnt like it he could do something else.    I get annoyed if people talk during the show but during commercial it is a free for all.

Cappy1979
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:49 AM

My SO does that too and I just tell him to shut up..we only have one TV.  But tonight we watched the Matrix for the one billionth time. lol So there are times when I get bored with what he watches but I dont say anythng about it. I just do my thng here online.

tazmidgiefairy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 3:55 AM

omg you sound like me any DH we have a dvr and 90% of the shows are his and they are scifi drives me up a wall and when i say anything he bitches belive i understand what you are going through

isaiahsmomma86
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:01 AM

my husband and i absolutely cannot ever agree on anything to watch, when he comes in the room i just give him the remote, because i hate arguing about it and he isnt in here that long anyway. lol but even then, he cant stop changing the channels and pick something, i swear to you it's enough to give me an anxiety attack. He picks something, leaves it no more than thirty seconds and flips through the channels, picks something else, another thirty seconds and starts flipping through them again, it drives me loony because we have the guide on the tv, i wish he would use it. Ugh, i cant watch tv with him without wanting to take the remote and throw it at his head. lol

jackiec7707
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:10 AM

That's another thing he does.. on the rare occasion that we are watching something together he will change the channel when commercials come on. Then never changes it back or if he changes it back eventually we miss so much of it it's dumb. I will sometimes change it during a commercial but I will keep hitting the "last" button to catch it when it comes back.

Rmiddelton
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:12 AM

Make your husband watch his tv shows on www.hulu.com, you can get any show and watch it online, or maybe it would be better for you. My husband is the same way, and this is my resolution to that problem.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)