Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yep...im gonna do it..

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:40 AM
  • 34 Replies

So last night me, my mom, my step dad and my daughter (14 mo) go out to eat at LongHorn's Steak House. The service was ok, general for a Friday night.

But...a few things pissed me off..and im particular about my food and service, so this may not mean anything to yall..but it does to me. First of all..when she brought our drinks, she practically sat them RIGHT in front of my daughter, who grabs whatever you put right in front of her. I had to snatch them up really fast so that we didnt have a disaster. Then, she brought some plates for the appetizers and did the same thing! Set them right in front of a damn 14 month old! I was like..errrrr. Then, right after the apetizer came out, like 3 minutes..here comes the salad. I hate it when I feel like they are rushing me..let me get done iwth my appetizer before you freaking bring the salad. So anyway, OH..after she took my order, she just turned around and walked off...didnt even ask if my daughter was eating anything. I was like...ok. So ANYWAY, then we get done eating, and our checks were supposed to be separate, but she brought them in one check...then it took her thirty minutes to get it fixed...THEN...when i gave her my money...she brought back our CASH, but no change..like coins. I was like WTF? Did you really just tip yourself with my change???? Not that its THAT much..but its the PRICIPLE of the matter. I started to not leave a tip at all since she wanted to help herself to my change...but i left a couple of dollars...ughh..i was NOT pleased at ALL>

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessicaroberts3
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:42 AM

I hate feeling rushed when I go out.  She had no right to keep your change...uh I hate sucky service...

GrippyBits2
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:43 AM

I hate it too! I have been a waitress before....i never did that! I tried to keep everything spaced out, and I woudl be scared to keep someone's money!

ashley22ky
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:44 AM

That sucks. I was a waitress for many years, and there are some girls that really just never get it! Maybe it was her first day or two of work? I remember when I first started I was a nightmare! It's nerve wracking and you mess up a lot. But then again, there are some that really just never get it!

Susan262
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:46 AM

You are totally right.  All of that was bad service.  And KEEPING your money!  Whats with that?  I would write a letter of complaint. 

GrippyBits2
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:49 AM

you know..i thought about that. But my mom was asking her who the manager was becuase she thought she knew her personally, and the girl was like...well we have had the same manager for the last three years that i have been working here. LOL...she just sucks

Quoting ashley22ky:

That sucks. I was a waitress for many years, and there are some girls that really just never get it! Maybe it was her first day or two of work? I remember when I first started I was a nightmare! It's nerve wracking and you mess up a lot. But then again, there are some that really just never get it!

ashley22ky
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:58 AM

Yea, she just sucks then, lol! I swear, some of those girls amaze me. I had a customer come in one time and she said she had been in about a month before. Well, she said after that experience she swore she would never come back. I asked her why. She said her and her friend literally heard the waitresses talking about them! It was an IHOP and there is this like half wall dividing the waitress serving area and the customers seating. The girls were behind that wall.....talking shit about how fat these ladies were and how they kept eating. Loud enough so that the ladies actually heard them! Well, they had decided to give it a second chance and come back. I gave them some extra special service because I felt bad for them.

There were many young little twits who worked there that would bad mouth customers or just give really horrible service. Once you learn the job, it's not that hard. Take order, take out food in order, be friendly, clean up. I guess it's just laziness. And then they would wonder why at the end of the night I made double what they did with the same number of tables, lol.

Quoting GrippyBits2:

you know..i thought about that. But my mom was asking her who the manager was becuase she thought she knew her personally, and the girl was like...well we have had the same manager for the last three years that i have been working here. LOL...she just sucks

Quoting ashley22ky:

GrippyBits2
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:04 AM

well i have seen in several "tipping" post abuot how a server "knows" if you are going to tip or not by how you look. (classy huh?) and that they give service accordingly. I was in uniform..and I guess becuase my mom wasnt that hungry and split a meal with my step dad, that we wouldnt tip so she was gonna be lazy as hell and take our money. I should have just not left anything, but I wanted to make her feel like an ass for wrongly profiling us.

Quoting ashley22ky:

Yea, she just sucks then, lol! I swear, some of those girls amaze me. I had a customer come in one time and she said she had been in about a month before. Well, she said after that experience she swore she would never come back. I asked her why. She said her and her friend literally heard the waitresses talking about them! It was an IHOP and there is this like half wall dividing the waitress serving area and the customers seating. The girls were behind that wall.....talking shit about how fat these ladies were and how they kept eating. Loud enough so that the ladies actually heard them! Well, they had decided to give it a second chance and come back. I gave them some extra special service because I felt bad for them.

There were many young little twits who worked there that would bad mouth customers or just give really horrible service. Once you learn the job, it's not that hard. Take order, take out food in order, be friendly, clean up. I guess it's just laziness. And then they would wonder why at the end of the night I made double what they did with the same number of tables, lol.

Quoting GrippyBits2:

Quoting ashley22ky:

mysticalmalissa
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:18 AM

A "damn 14 month old"? 

*smh* 

GrippyBits2
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:21 AM

Is there something wrong or do you want to continue being passive aggressive??

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

A "damn 14 month old"? 

*smh* 

GrippyBits2
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:39 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)