Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG OMG OMG

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:18 AM
  • 9 Replies

DH and I went out last night for the first time in a very long time, yaaaaa!! LOL  We went to a benefit with some friends and there was a karaoke contest and my friend signed me up for it, unknown to me until they called my name. I haven't sang in over 3 years! I sang, got a standing ovation, won 1st place, trophy, $50 which I gave back for the cause, and what I am really excited about, a 2 hour recording session at a recording studio!!!

I am so excited I had to tell somebody!!!

The Wolf Credo: "Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark."

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
starlight1611
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:19 AM

That is way cool!!! I bet your going to rock that studio :-)

ginger813
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:20 AM
mommieof4girlz
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:21 AM

i would so not win one of those contests LOL...

good for you!!  lets go shopping!! LOL

RiverPhenix
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:26 AM

Thank you!!!

isleysmom
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:27 AM

That's awesome!! I love to sing, too bad I'm terrible!

guess_who_wit_6
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:28 AM

good job mama. I go into the studio to record my album at the end of March so I know how excited you are. Good luck let us know how it turns out

RiverPhenix
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:36 AM

OMG that is too awesome!!! I never had any singing lessons or even know how to read music. LOL I need some help! Can you help me?? Or direct me to any websites? I sang 4 Non Blondes What's Up and Carrie Underwood Jesus take the wheel.

Quoting guess_who_wit_6:

good job mama. I go into the studio to record my album at the end of March so I know how excited you are. Good luck let us know how it turns out

The Wolf Credo: "Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark."

AMom29
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:57 AM

Wow.  Congrats!  I'd love to do that, and to take some voice lessons.

kk_bella
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Very cool! I haven't sang in over 4 years!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)