Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP! He's STILL eating every 3hrs

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:02 AM
  • 19 Replies

I will try to make this as short as possible as I know that 1)its SATURDAY WOO HOO and 2) we all have our lives ANYWAYS: my almost 4month old is NOT sleeping through the night. He is formula fed and is still waking up every 3hrs to eat. He eats 4oz. We have tried to let him CIO but right now we are in the same room and in an apartment (while our house is being built-only one more month until its done!!!)...any suggestions?

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kk_bella
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:03 AM

It's normal.

TattedMommyof2
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:04 AM

Let him eat when he's hungry.  He's only 4 months!  My kids were up every three hours until they were like 8 or 9 months.  

JenB1983
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:05 AM

He's 4 months.  It's normal.  My youngest is 3 and still doesn't always sleep through the night.

naturalmom86
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:05 AM

I wasn't entirely sure. I know each child is different. Our DD was sleeping through the night at 8weeks old. So this is new territory for us. We are SO tired! I think we got spoiled with our first.

Quoting kk_bella:

It's normal.

savannahnhi
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:06 AM

it is normal. 

starlight1611
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:06 AM

Some babies don't sleep through the night until they are over one :-( But something I did was every night for dinner I would give my kids infant cereal mixed in with a small jar of stage 1 baby fruit about 2 hrs before bed, then right before I laid them down I would give them a bottle, it helped them stay full enough to where they didn't wake up for about 5-6 hours before they where hungry again. What time dies he nap throughout the day? What time do you lay him down for the night? Oh also I gave them baths using Johnson's bedtime bodywash the bath helped too. 

Double.L
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:07 AM

My son is almost 4 months and eats every 3 hours at night, its normal.  If a baby gos longer at this age your just lucky.  I would let it happen naturally without forcing it, because hes hungry. Im hoping at four months he starts sleeping 4 hrs though....mama is tired!

He's my star....and I'm his sky....

JenB1983
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:08 AM

Quoting naturalmom86:

I wasn't entirely sure. I know each child is different. Our DD was sleeping through the night at 8weeks old. So this is new territory for us. We are SO tired! I think we got spoiled with our first.

Quoting kk_bella:

It's normal.

I know that feeling.  LOL  My oldest was sleeping 8-6 in his crib from 7 weeks on.  Then my youngest was born.  LOL  He slept in bed with us EVERY NIGHT until we moved into our house in December...about a week before his 3rd b-day. The first time he ever slept through the night was after his 2nd bday.

If he'd been first we would never have had a second.  LOL

**Admit it; it's more interesting then another "how I parent" siggy**

meghan451
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:09 AM

it's normal. my daughter did the same thing, so feed him...

CafeMom Tickers
s.t.e.p.h
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:10 AM

My oldest 2 didn't sleep through the night until they were close to a year. It's completely normal for him to be up like that and feeding every 3 hours. I was expecting the same thing when my 3rd child was born, I got lucky and she started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)